Window Help!!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
M013

Window Help!!

#1 Post by M013 »

Hi everyone!

I discovered this site while doing some research on windows and the posts here have been very informative. Thank you! I moved into my home about 10 months ago. I'm in my mid 20s, female, and I live by myself in a 3 bedoom townhouse in MD. I dont know much when it comes to windows so I ask my family and friends who are a little more knowledgeable for help all the time, but they're not window experts either.

I've been shopping around and received quotes for Okna 1800 triple pane & 500 series, Ideal Majestic, and Soft-lite (Lotus & Karma). I'm replacing all 7 windows in my house.

Price breakdown:
Okna 1800: $6,600
Okna 500: $5,600
Ideal: $4,500
Soft-lite Karma: $4,000
Soft-lite Lotus: $4,500

Are any of these good? I was leaning towards Okna but, although the sales guy was nice, I believe he inflated the price a little and they do not have a good warranty. This is not my forever home, I'm just looking to find a window that will help my drafty house in the winter for about 5 years or so.

toddinmn

Re: Window Help!!

#2 Post by toddinmn »

If your only staying 5 years i'd skip the triple pane's. The Soft-Lite offers are enticing but Zen Windows come off as being a little slimy from watching their video's, no direct experience though.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

#1 in my books is Okna 800DX, then would be the Okna 500DX

M013

#4 Post by M013 »

I like the Okna window, but I feel that the sales guy inflated the price. It seems as though he just came out of the blue with the estimate especially since he asked about my occupation and if I made good money

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Ask them to requite with dual pane DX, explain that you are on a budget and also have a good bid for SL.