HELP WITH CHOOSING WINDOWS

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
estie

HELP WITH CHOOSING WINDOWS

#1 Post by estie »

I am very confused about window companies as i am hearing conflicting reports. We are replacing our basement windows and got a good quote from crystal company vinyl windows (energy efficient) or another quote more expensive from Ideal. I was told not to go with silverline or American Craftsman. Can you please tell me which would be best and keeping out the cold air and last?
Thank you

Delaware Mike

Re: HELP WITH CHOOSING WINDOWS

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

I'm not very familiar with the various models that Crystal offers these days. I've been called out our local service calls over the years to residences that have had Crystal windows installed and in every case just about everything on the windows was completely failing. Absolutely, some of the worst garbage that I've ever seen. Glass units were failing, locks broken, balances shot, vent latches falling apart.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: HELP WITH CHOOSING WINDOWS

#3 Post by masterext »

Crystal Windows are absolute garbage and so is american craftsman/ silverline. They are both very flimsy and designed extremely poorly. I see no logical reason in choosing either of those 2 brands. The ideal is on the lower end of average.
What are the prices?