Question regarding seal failure warranties OKNA

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
michael2595

Question regarding seal failure warranties OKNA

#1 Post by michael2595 »

My house has many windows facing west and the sun shines on them almost all day. I need to replace them and am scared that seals will fail again in a few years They were contractor windows.Broken seals discolored vinyl and some warping. Do manufacturers warranty broken seals and the fogging inside the window. Thinking of getting Okna 400 series.The pricing was reasonable for 30.. This is the verbiage from warranty.....

OKNA Windows Corp. warrants that the insulated glass units, including internal grids, will be free from obstruction between the glass, including film formation, including moisture on the internal glass surfaces caused by seal failure and including small marks, dust, and scratches.
Condensation may occur on interior and exterior of windows as a natural result of humidity within the house or building area and changes in outside/inside temperature. This does not indicate a manufacturing defect and would not be included in this Warranty.---

If my seals go am I covered under the warranty? I have looked at so many different manufacturer windows and when it comes to seal failure the verbiage is quite unclear to me.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Question regarding seal failure warranties OKNA

#2 Post by masterext »

Yes, you are covered 100% for any seal failures by okna. They will not only cover it but they will take care of it quickly.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Yes, you are covered. Personally, I'm seeing very few seal failures with modern Duralite and Super Spacer glazing technology. Only time will tell though, but I feel along with Cardinal's stainless XL Edge spacer that these are the way to go with windows.

Most of the seal failures I encounter are with dated box channel aluminum spacers and older Duraseal. Not a huge fan of Intercept so much either. I've even seen Sashlite fail.

michael2595

#4 Post by michael2595 »

masterext wrote:Yes, you are covered 100% for any seal failures by okna. They will not only cover it but they will take care of it quickly.

Thank you kindly for your response.

michael2595

#5 Post by michael2595 »

Delaware Mike wrote:Yes, you are covered. Personally, I'm seeing very few seal failures with modern Duralite and Super Spacer glazing technology. Only time will tell though, but I feel along with Cardinal's stainless XL Edge spacer that these are the way to go with windows.

Most of the seal failures I encounter are with dated box channel aluminum spacers and older Duraseal. Not a huge fan of Intercept so much either. I've even seen Sashlite fail.

Thank you kindly for your response.