Showcase 200 Series Vs. Ply Gem 6100 Series

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
earthtoedwards

Showcase 200 Series Vs. Ply Gem 6100 Series

#1 Post by earthtoedwards »

Hey All,

I am looking at replacing a dozen or so windows in a one story house in NE Texas. The best options I have been able to come up with in the area are...

Showcase 200 Series

Ply Gem 6100 Series

I cant find much information on either on this forum and want to make sure I am making a good choice. I am quite the novice when it comes to this and any thoughts/opinions will be greatly appreciated. Its about a $1,000 difference between the two. Thanks in advance.

Windows on Washington

Re: Showcase 200 Series Vs. Ply Gem 6100 Series

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I will defer to Randy as he knows Texas options better than anybody else.

I am not sure he is a big fan of either of those. Based on your climate, thermally broken aluminum isn't a bad option. If going with vinyl, I would specify a vinyl window with at least a DP-50 and/or reinforcement. There area also some good composite options as well.

Brewster

#3 Post by Brewster »

Yes, Randy seems to be the top pro in that area.

Randy

#4 Post by Randy »

Not a fan of either window to be honest. I'd look at NT Windows for vinyl or Don Young for thermally-broken aluminum.

Dagobah

#5 Post by Dagobah »

Randy wrote:Not a fan of either window to be honest. I'd look at NT Windows for vinyl or Don Young for thermally-broken aluminum.
I'm also from Dallas and looking for windows (just posted a new thread before I saw this.) I saw a post from '09 ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3233 ) where you had QC concerns with NT windows. Has the product improved since then?