NorthWest Corner of Iowa looking for Window Replacement.

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
IowaGal

NorthWest Corner of Iowa looking for Window Replacement.

#1 Post by IowaGal »

I live in the upper NorthWest Corner of Iowa. Any recommendations of Installers and Windows in this area? I am approx an hour from Sioux Falls South Dakota, and an hour from Sioux City Iowa. I have 19 windows to replace and not looking to spend $1000 per window. None of my Windows are standard sizes. Am I being unrealistic? Does Lowes sell a good window? Are their installers any good?

Randy

Re: NorthWest Corner of Iowa looking for Window Replacement.

#2 Post by Randy »

I'd avoid the big box stores altogether. Look for an independent dealer for the following brands (in no particular order): Soft-lite, Okna, Sunrise. A contractor who sells a better grade of window will typically utilize better installation methods. Get at least two quotes and ask them for deals on their installation. Then come back and give us the run-down.

You should have no problems at all staying well below $1000.00 per window. If we can answer questions along the way, feel free to ask. Best wishes!

toddinmn

#3 Post by toddinmn »

The air infiltration numbers are quite a bit lower on the Sunrise as compared to the Okna and Soft-Lite's.
Gerkin makes a nice window even though it leaks 250% more air than Soft-Lite and Okna's top offerings.They are In Sioux City. Not sure Okna is available to you.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

toddinmn wrote:The air infiltration numbers are quite a bit lower on the Sunrise as compared to the Okna and Soft-Lite's.
Gerkin makes a nice window even though it leaks 250% more air than Soft-Lite and Okna's top offerings.They are In Sioux City. Not sure Okna is available to you.
Somebody didn't have their coffee this AM yet.

What is nice about Todd is if you give him one tidbit to hold onto, you can count on getting some good laughs out of it at multiple later dates.

:lol: :lol: