Soft-lite Imperial LS series quote

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Bulka14

Soft-lite Imperial LS series quote

#1 Post by Bulka14 »

I am trying to see if my window is an overkill for my area but is it worth the extra $80 then double pane. The dealer has recommended the Ultra-S Glass Triple-Pane with super spacer. U:.20, S:.24, V:.40 C:71, no grids. The dealer quoted me a little over 10k. I have:
2 35.75x53.25 Double Hung
3 21.5x33 Double Hung
4 35.75x37.25 Double Hung
1 45.5x56.75 Double Hung
1 38.25x37.75 Casement
4 basement hoppper (different window)
1 106x58 Bow window (casement end and picture center)

I live in central PA.
Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: Soft-lite Imperial LS series quote

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Great window and performer.

It is definitely one of the best units out there today. You can't go wrong with an Imperial LS.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Nice unit.
If you have the extra $80 per unit you would benefit, can't add it later.
Even with the DP you performance will still be very high.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Very good window, and the triple pane is a good bet if it is within your budget

Bulka14

#5 Post by Bulka14 »

HomeSealed wrote:+1. Very good window, and the triple pane is a good bet if it is within your budget
Is this a good price you think?

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Absolutely. It is a good price without the bay window in the mix. With the bay window priced in, it is getting into the ludicrous range of pricing in my book.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. The pricing is on the very low end of the spectrum, to the point that I'd check to make sure that there is not an error, and that the dealer is reputable. If the $10k includes the bow window and triple pane, take out maybe $4k for the bow (on the low end), and that puts you at under $500 per window for an Imperial LS with triple pane. That's almost unheard of. As WoW alluded to, if there is no bow window at all, you would be at $650-$700 per unit which is probably about average if not still low considering triple pane.

Bulka14

#8 Post by Bulka14 »

HomeSealed wrote:+1. The pricing is on the very low end of the spectrum, to the point that I'd check to make sure that there is not an error, and that the dealer is reputable. If the $10k includes the bow window and triple pane, take out maybe $4k for the bow (on the low end), and that puts you at under $500 per window for an Imperial LS with triple pane. That's almost unheard of. As WoW alluded to, if there is no bow window at all, you would be at $650-$700 per unit which is probably about average if not still low considering triple pane.
From what I've heard around my area, they are very good at what they do and back the product. You are about right on the boy window price of around 4K. They also told me that they gave me a lower price on the window then what they normal quote that window for but will keep the price the same because they gave me a quote at that price. It was about $40 less per window then normal pricing.