Patio Doors: Alside vs Viwinco

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
kmalinowski

Patio Doors: Alside vs Viwinco

#1 Post by kmalinowski »

New to the area and trying to decide between Alside and Viwinco patio doors. Looking to compare product options, specifically exterior casing and set up frame. Also interested in applied transoms- anyone know if these are available with Alside or Viwinco? Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: Patio Doors: Alside vs Viwinco

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Last I checked, the transoms were available. Most vinyl patio doors will have a transom option as a default. So many of them require it.

As far as the comparison goes, are there other options available to you?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Patio Doors: Alside vs Viwi

#3 Post by masterext »

kmalinowski wrote:New to the area and trying to decide between Alside and Viwinco patio doors. Looking to compare product options, specifically exterior casing and set up frame. Also interested in applied transoms- anyone know if these are available with Alside or Viwinco? Thanks.
Those are 2 brands most window pro's will NOT recommend. They are kind of flimsy and cheap looking. Those are brands that the average " joe contractor " would use just because he gets cheap pricing from his local building supply store opposed to the more quality oriented window pro who uses higher end products,
I would venture into the higher end vinyl arena such as okna, soft lite, sunrise, or kensington.
They are all built very well which means they will last and they also look nice. Ive put some of these brands in million dollar plus homes with remarkable results and recieved plenty of compliments.

AshleyBBrooks

#4 Post by AshleyBBrooks »

Thanks for sharing the information..

WindowsDirectCinci

#5 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

AshleyBBrooks wrote:Thanks for sharing the information..
Alside 6400 series patio door is actually a nice door. This is the only product from Alside I use a have 10-15 go in every month with no issue and almost no service issues. Aesthetically the 6400 is very nice. I wouldn't use any of the other models and definitely not one of there Windows

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd agree with the first two pros that you can easily find better options.
As WoW alluded to, transoms are pretty standard in availability for most brands.
Regarding the frame, what do you mean by "set up" the frame?

Randy

#7 Post by Randy »

In my experience, even when Alside stumbles upon a decent product, they’ll make ordering, receiving, and or servicing it a nightmare.