Patriot windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Lurch1205

Patriot windows

#1 Post by Lurch1205 »

I have a Ryan built home in northern Maryland and I have some kind of dirt in between the window glass. I was wondering who to get a patriot window from and it is a single hung window. It is in the top portion of the window which I can remove window. I was told today that patriot windows have been bought out. I'm just looking for a replacement window. Who do I need to talk to about a new one? Any information would be helpful.

Delaware Mike

Re: Patriot windows

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Good old Lyin Ryan. One would think that they would be of some help? I just serviced the same Patriot windows that you're referring to, and I once had a Ryan new construction home with Patriot single hungs in it. Ryan will not help you with the glass, however they will send locks, tilts, and balances from Plygem sometimes free of cost. I just dropped some OKNA glass into a shatter insulated glass unit from Patriot. You can use any manufacturers glass provided you know how to measure and order it correctly.

Patriot glazed their insulated glass units with steel plated PPG Intercept spacing. I think it's a 3/4" thick IG. You would have to pull sash beads to measure tip to tip glass make size and figure out if it had low-e & argon. The old Patriot manufacturing facility was near one of our NJ union carpenter trade schools in Hammonton NJ. I believe that Universal Building Materials has some connection with the defunct Patriot business?