Can't decide on windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
cbuswindowshopper

Can't decide on windows

#1 Post by cbuswindowshopper »

Hello!
My husband and I are at a stalemate. We live in Columbus, Ohio. We are trying to decide whether to replace our existing windows with the Rosatti vinyl windows or Simonton 5500 series windows, both double hung, two color, full screen.
We have found lots of good reviews about rosatti and some mixed about Simonton. I feel that because the service area is so different there might be a skewed sample of opinions.
There is a price difference of about $3000. '

So my question boils down to two points 1) Which of these two windows do you think is better? and 2) is Rosatti worth the extra cost?

Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: Can't decide on windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Who makes their window?

Their website is very light on information.

Based on what I see in the picture, it appears to be a clip in sill design which indicates that it is a pocket sill window (not recommended) that is pseudo converted to a sloped sill window.

The alside sheffield is like that and it is a questionable product to be perfectly honest. I have seen it installed and not only does cost you a bunch of visible glass area, it is a cheap way to reverse engineer a sloped sill window that is not a true sloped sill window.

It will still have water going through the frame and is not what I would consider a high end engineered product to be certain.