Window Replacement Help

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
uncle eddie

Re: Window Replacement Help

#16 Post by uncle eddie »

WindowsDirectCinci wrote:
georgen wrote:I am replacing windows in two houses. First house got 7 Windows, I brought homedepote, lower, and independent company Allied Siding and Windows. Home Depot was very expensive for Simontons windows so I forgot about them.
Lowes gave me estimate of $4150 for Reliabilt 3900 with lifetime warranty for breakage and labor not service call or any fees
Allied Siding and Windows estimate of $4300 for Simonton Duration with 100 year warranty for breakage and labor with $75 service call.

Which option would be better as of the windows type? Is there a big different between Simonton and Reliabilt?
Thanks
I'd keep looking. I just don't understand how people dont consider aesthetic appeal when looking at windows. Both of those windows are horrid and I'd rule it out based on that alone. They could give me free triple pane and a 500 year warranty and I'd still pass. If forced I'd go with Simonton though, and would definetly want to see the lowes warranty in writing. It historically has been pretty weak. They are nothing more than a middle man. They don't install and don't make the window? The only thing they do is have foot traffic
I agree, keep looking.

georgen

#17 Post by georgen »

I really appreciate all the inputs. I am learning way too much.
I found a dealer who uses Sunrise, they are coming to give me an estimate this weekend. Should I look for a particular model or series? Thanks

Randy

#18 Post by Randy »

Stick with the Restorations, Vanguard or Verde series with Sunrise.

georgen

#19 Post by georgen »

So now the choice between Simonton Duration or Sunrise Vanguard

1- Simonton dealer they reduce the price to $4100 for the house I live in and it is 7 windows
and $7350 for a second house for 13 windows. They said they will use Simonton Duration which is series 6500. Those price if we done the two houses with them.

2- Sunrise dealer priced the house I live in for $5000 for 7 windows using Vanguard and $8800 for the second house with 13 windows.

I do like the Vanguard windows but the price is higher. Also the warranty is the same. The dealer for Simonton offer 0% for 18 months but the Sunrise dealer does not.

Any inputs would be appreciated

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#20 Post by masterext »

The vanguard is a much better window and also a very sharp looking window.