Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

A place to ask all your replacement window questions
Post Reply
Message
Author
Ezouts
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#1 Post by Ezouts » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:33 pm

replacing 11 double hung windows. In our old house we had millgard windows installed and were happy with them. However in Chicagoland area millgard is no longer a available. Need help on if either window is better than the other. Windows were quoted with clima thermal d elite

Ufactor 0.27. She. 0.21 full screens. Quotes are 75 dollar difference mezzo more than window world.

No grids

4620.00 window world
Mezzo was 4695

I'm trying to stay in this price range is there a window other than the two posted you would recommend
Last edited by Ezouts on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

masterext
Posts: 1045
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:14 am
Location: New Jersey Window Pro- Northern NJ and Central NJ

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#2 Post by masterext » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:57 pm

What is total cost? Any grids?
Window world and Alside mezzo are lower end windows. You wont find any pro's here that will endorse either one.

Ezouts
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#3 Post by Ezouts » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Ezouts wrote:replacing 11 double hung windows. In our old house we had millgard windows installed and were happy with them. However in Chicagoland area millgard is no longer a available. Need help on if either window is better than the other. Windows were quoted with clima thermal d elite

Ufactor 0.27. She. 0.21 full screens. Quotes are 75 dollar difference mezzo more than window world.

No grids

4620.00 window world
Mezzo was 4695

I'm trying to stay in this price range is there a window other than the two posted you would recommend

WindowsDirectCinci
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#4 Post by WindowsDirectCinci » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Ezouts wrote:replacing 11 double hung windows. In our old house we had millgard windows installed and were happy with them. However in Chicagoland area millgard is no longer a available. Need help on if either window is better than the other. Windows were quoted with clima thermal d elite

Ufactor 0.27. She. 0.21 full screens. Quotes are 75 dollar difference mezzo more than window world.

No grids

4620.00 window world
Mezzo was 4695

I'm trying to stay in this price range is there a window other than the two posted you would recommend
Window World uses the Mezzo or depending on store may use MI, it's the same exact window but with there own lock on it. I'm not so sure I'd be using a shgc .21 elite glass in your area though. If has to be between WW and another Mezzo provider than I'd pick the installer you fill better about. I do know that the ww location in Chicagoland has went out of business and tangled in lawsuits just a few years ago, so I'd definitely check recent reviews/references. You run the risk of this more when your whole business model is trying to be the cheapest in town. Hope all works out for you.

TheWindowNerd
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: SE PA & NJ; DFW/Metroplex

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:58 am

Kind and objective advice above.

theWindowNerd.

User avatar
Windows on Washington
Posts: 4058
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:23 am
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#6 Post by Windows on Washington » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:23 am

The SHGC is totally wrong for you climate up there in Chicago.

Have you tried clicking on Window4U's posts? He serves the Chicago market and is a great pro and has some great products.

You can find him here in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6032

User avatar
HomeSealed
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:46 pm
Location: Milwaukee & Madison area

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#7 Post by HomeSealed » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:51 am

All good advice above. In most cases this is the same exact window. If a gun is to my head I'd probably take my chances on the other installer at the higher price (installation is half the battle), however, I'd agree with the other that there are better options. Window4U as mentioned above is truly a gem down in Chicagoland.

Ezouts
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#8 Post by Ezouts » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:26 pm

HomeSealed wrote:All good advice above. In most cases this is the same exact window. If a gun is to my head I'd probably take my chances on the other installer at the higher price (installation is half the battle), however, I'd agree with the other that there are better options. Window4U as mentioned above is truly a gem down in Chicagoland.

Thanks you for the advice. I'm clueless when it comes to windows. Another option was okna 500

Contractor said 500 a window. Is this a better choice. It's 880 total more for the job. Also I can't locate windows 4u on google search.

User avatar
Windows on Washington
Posts: 4058
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:23 am
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#9 Post by Windows on Washington » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:10 pm

If you click on my previous post, it will take you to a thread that he is in and you can click on his name to get connected.

TheWindowNerd
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: SE PA & NJ; DFW/Metroplex

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#10 Post by TheWindowNerd » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:43 am

I would also suggest that you contact Window4U.

theWindowNerd.

masterext
Posts: 1045
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:14 am
Location: New Jersey Window Pro- Northern NJ and Central NJ

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#11 Post by masterext » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:07 am

The Okna is so much better than window world or alside which are both lower end.
Contrary to what you were told, window world does not make their own windows. They are actually made by either alside or MI Windows and relabeled for them. both of those brands leave a lot to be desired in terms of quality.
Pay the extra and get something much more air tight and much better constructed.

Ezouts
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#12 Post by Ezouts » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:19 am

masterext wrote:The Okna is so much better than window world or alside which are both lower end.
Contrary to what you were told, window world does not make their own windows. They are actually made by either alside or MI Windows and relabeled for them. both of those brands leave a lot to be desired in terms of quality.
Pay the extra and get something much more air tight and much better constructed.

Thank you for the advise I'll save a little more for the okna. Does 500 a window for okna seen reasonable.

masterext
Posts: 1045
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:14 am
Location: New Jersey Window Pro- Northern NJ and Central NJ

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#13 Post by masterext » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Thank you for the advise I'll save a little more for the okna. Does 500 a window for okna seen reasonable.[/quote]

$500 per window for the Okna 500 series is on the lower end of the price spectrum. Its usually priced more than that. I am assuming its a very basic install with no grids ?

You may also want to look at the new Okna 600 series, it has a few more design features than the 500 and the pricing is good. The 600 series is sharp looking and feels nice and sturdy.
Last edited by masterext on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ezouts
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#14 Post by Ezouts » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:31 pm

masterext wrote:Thank you for the advise I'll save a little more for the okna. Does 500 a window for okna seen reasonable.
$500 per window for the Okna 500 series is on the lower end of the price spectrum. Its usually priced more than that. I am assuming its a very basic install with no grids ?[/quote]


Yes no grids replacing double hung with double hung. All company's that came out said install would be easy. Home is a ranch easy access to all windows. Sounds like I'll be saving for the onna 500 series.

User avatar
HomeSealed
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:46 pm
Location: Milwaukee & Madison area

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#15 Post by HomeSealed » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Ezouts wrote:
masterext wrote:Thank you for the advise I'll save a little more for the okna. Does 500 a window for okna seen reasonable.
$500 per window for the Okna 500 series is on the lower end of the price spectrum. Its usually priced more than that. I am assuming its a very basic install with no grids ?


Yes no grids replacing double hung with double hung. All company's that came out said install would be easy. Home is a ranch easy access to all windows. Sounds like I'll be saving for the onna 500 series.
That price is at the minimum of the normal range for that product. Unbeatable price if that's a reputable installation company.
Last edited by HomeSealed on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply