Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Ezouts

Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#1 Post by Ezouts »

replacing 11 double hung windows. In our old house we had millgard windows installed and were happy with them. However in Chicagoland area millgard is no longer a available. Need help on if either window is better than the other. Windows were quoted with clima thermal d elite

Ufactor 0.27. She. 0.21 full screens. Quotes are 75 dollar difference mezzo more than window world.

No grids

4620.00 window world
Mezzo was 4695

I'm trying to stay in this price range is there a window other than the two posted you would recommend
Last edited by Ezouts on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Window world 4000 or alside mezzo

#2 Post by masterext »

What is total cost? Any grids?
Window world and Alside mezzo are lower end windows. You wont find any pro's here that will endorse either one.

Ezouts

#3 Post by Ezouts »

Ezouts wrote:replacing 11 double hung windows. In our old house we had millgard windows installed and were happy with them. However in Chicagoland area millgard is no longer a available. Need help on if either window is better than the other. Windows were quoted with clima thermal d elite

Ufactor 0.27. She. 0.21 full screens. Quotes are 75 dollar difference mezzo more than window world.

No grids

4620.00 window world
Mezzo was 4695

I'm trying to stay in this price range is there a window other than the two posted you would recommend

WindowsDirectCinci

#4 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

Ezouts wrote:replacing 11 double hung windows. In our old house we had millgard windows installed and were happy with them. However in Chicagoland area millgard is no longer a available. Need help on if either window is better than the other. Windows were quoted with clima thermal d elite

No grids

4620.00 window world
Mezzo was 4695

Window World uses the Mezzo or depending on store may use MI, it's the same exact window but with there own lock on it. I'm not so sure I'd be using a shgc .21 elite glass in your area though. If has to be between WW and another Mezzo provider than I'd pick the installer you fill better about. I do know that the ww location in Chicagoland has went out of business and tangled in lawsuits just a few years ago, so I'd definitely check recent reviews/references. You run the risk of this more when your whole business model is trying to be the cheapest in town. Hope all works out for you.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Kind and objective advice above.

theWindowNerd.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

The SHGC is totally wrong for you climate up there in Chicago.

Have you tried clicking on Window4U's posts? He serves the Chicago market and is a great pro and has some great products.

You can find him here in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6032

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

All good advice above. In most cases this is the same exact window. If a gun is to my head I'd probably take my chances on the other installer at the higher price (installation is half the battle), however, I'd agree with the other that there are better options. Window4U as mentioned above is truly a gem down in Chicagoland.

Ezouts

#8 Post by Ezouts »

HomeSealed wrote:All good advice above. In most cases this is the same exact window. If a gun is to my head I'd probably take my chances on the other installer at the higher price (installation is half the battle), however, I'd agree with the other that there are better options. Window4U as mentioned above is truly a gem down in Chicagoland.

Thanks you for the advice. I'm clueless when it comes to windows. Another option was okna 500

Contractor said 500 a window. Is this a better choice. It's 880 total more for the job. Also I can't locate windows 4u on google search.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you click on my previous post, it will take you to a thread that he is in and you can click on his name to get connected.

TheWindowNerd

#10 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would also suggest that you contact Window4U.

theWindowNerd.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#11 Post by masterext »

The Okna is so much better than window world or alside which are both lower end.
Contrary to what you were told, window world does not make their own windows. They are actually made by either alside or MI Windows and relabeled for them. both of those brands leave a lot to be desired in terms of quality.
Pay the extra and get something much more air tight and much better constructed.

Ezouts

#12 Post by Ezouts »

masterext wrote:The Okna is so much better than window world or alside which are both lower end.
Contrary to what you were told, window world does not make their own windows. They are actually made by either alside or MI Windows and relabeled for them. both of those brands leave a lot to be desired in terms of quality.
Pay the extra and get something much more air tight and much better constructed.

Thank you for the advise I'll save a little more for the okna. Does 500 a window for okna seen reasonable.

masterext

#13 Post by masterext »

Thank you for the advise I'll save a little more for the okna. Does 500 a window for okna seen reasonable.[/quote]

$500 per window for the Okna 500 series is on the lower end of the price spectrum. Its usually priced more than that. I am assuming its a very basic install with no grids ?

You may also want to look at the new Okna 600 series, it has a few more design features than the 500 and the pricing is good. The 600 series is sharp looking and feels nice and sturdy.
Last edited by masterext on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ezouts

#14 Post by Ezouts »

masterext wrote:Thank you for the advise I'll save a little more for the okna. Does 500 a window for okna seen reasonable.
$500 per window for the Okna 500 series is on the lower end of the price spectrum. Its usually priced more than that. I am assuming its a very basic install with no grids ?[/quote]

Yes no grids replacing double hung with double hung. All company's that came out said install would be easy. Home is a ranch easy access to all windows. Sounds like I'll be saving for the onna 500 series.

HomeSealed

#15 Post by HomeSealed »

Ezouts wrote:
masterext wrote:Thank you for the advise I'll save a little more for the okna. Does 500 a window for okna seen reasonable.
$500 per window for the Okna 500 series is on the lower end of the price spectrum. Its usually priced more than that. I am assuming its a very basic install with no grids ?

Yes no grids replacing double hung with double hung. All company's that came out said install would be easy. Home is a ranch easy access to all windows. Sounds like I'll be saving for the onna 500 series.
That price is at the minimum of the normal range for that product. Unbeatable price if that's a reputable installation company.
Last edited by HomeSealed on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.