Replacing windows- Kansas- any suggestions?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
HomeSealed

Re: Replacing windows- Kansas- any suggestions?

#61 Post by HomeSealed »

Drop the Preservation. Drop window world. Restorations is compelling at some savings over the Elements, although I do like the Elements better in DH form. If they are casements, switch that.. I'm sure that you said it earlier, but I didn't read back through :wink:
If you are just looking for a lower cost option, the Berkshire would be the better bet there IMO.

billb1981

#62 Post by billb1981 »

Oh boy...yeah I'm getting it mixed up...Sunrise Restorations is what I meant. Will go back and edit. These windows are getting to me. :)

And yes they would be installed by the local Alside rep here in KC, so not sure if that's a good thing or not...however Dan gave me the name of a few folks who have had them installed here in the area and all three were happy with the install which obviously is important.

I have ruled out window world and preservations, have one more coming out tonight, then I think I've got to make some decisions.

HomeSealed

#63 Post by HomeSealed »

You can get as many quotes as you would like, but I think that you have some solid choices. Two great windows that seem reasonably priced, and then a more economical choice if that is the goal.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#64 Post by masterext »

HomeSealed wrote:You can get as many quotes as you would like, but I think that you have some solid choices. Two great windows that seem reasonably priced, and then a more economical choice if that is the goal.
Agree, you have quite a few quotes going on. You already have quotes for 2 excellent windows with the restorations and elements. You should be more than ready to pull the trigger.
Let is know how the install goes.

billb1981

#65 Post by billb1981 »

Last quote is going to be for some Vanguards in the Sunrise brand and also the Synergy NGT, which is made by AMI so....who knows. So we'll see where they stack up in the quotes.

HomeSealed

#66 Post by HomeSealed »

AMI is Alside/Revere/etc. You have a quote for two of the products in that line already, one is extremely reasonably priced as an economical choice, and the others aren't worth consideration anyway. Given that and the fancy name which sounds like it could be a high pressure firm, I'd probably save yourself the time and aggravation on that one. The Sunrise quote that you already have is pretty reasonable on their best product, although Vanguard and Restorations are 99% the same

TheWindowNerd

#67 Post by TheWindowNerd »

This thread has gotten long.
Sunrise: restoration or vanguard are both great.
Soft-Lite: elements or imp ls are both great.
You have great product choices now.
Which company is going to provide the best service and install?

theWindowNerd.

billb1981

#68 Post by billb1981 »

Indeed it is, but I'm sure it is helpful for others just like it has been for me. Appreciate all your feedback guys, will be making a decision at some point. :)