Alside Windows...Good, Bad, or just OK

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
rickster

Alside Windows...Good, Bad, or just OK

#1 Post by rickster »

Hello, New guy here looking for some help, I need to get my front window replaced. I live in the Monee, Il area. I had one person come out and give me an estimate for a Alside Mezzo slider in a 3 section roughly 79W X 61H for $1045, double pane low e and argon gas, I never heard of this brand so I'm a little curious about them. I called 3 people to come out and give me an estimate and this is the only one that showed up, one never called back and the other will only come out for a min. of 6 windows. I don't mind paying for quality I just need to find it.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Alside Windows...Good, Bad, or just OK

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

There is a great pro in Chicago if he will serve your area.

His name is Window 4U and you can click on his name here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6032

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Alside Windows...Good, Bad, or just OK

#3 Post by masterext »

rickster wrote:Hello, New guy here looking for some help, I need to get my front window replaced. I live in the Monee, Il area. I had one person come out and give me an estimate for a Alside Mezzo slider in a 3 section roughly 79W X 61H for $1045, double pane low e and argon gas, I never heard of this brand so I'm a little curious about them. I called 3 people to come out and give me an estimate and this is the only one that showed up, one never called back and the other will only come out for a min. of 6 windows. I don't mind paying for quality I just need to find it.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

There are some very solid vinyl window offerings out there. In my opinion, alside is not one of them.
I always viewed alside as a " jack of all trades" contractor window.