Fiberglass/composite replacements

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
lpavao

Fiberglass/composite replacements

#1 Post by lpavao »

I'm wondering who manufactures fiberglass/composite inserts. I can find plenty of new construction in this material, but other than Pella, I'm not having much luck with replacements

Randy

Re: Fiberglass/composite replacements

#2 Post by Randy »

Marvin Integrity - fiberglass
Andersen 100 series - composite
Okna EnviroStar - composite reinforcement in vinyl window
Okna Starmark - composite

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

lpavao wrote:I'm wondering who manufactures fiberglass/composite inserts. I can find plenty of new construction in this material, but other than Pella, I'm not having much luck with replacements
Okna "Starmark" is Okna's composite window which is very well built and designed. Pella fiberglass is not highly regarded at all. Very cheap looking amd flimsy in my opinion. I dont know of anyone on this board that wouldnt agree with my opinion on pella impervia.

Randy

#4 Post by Randy »

Masterext is correct, Starmark for Okna. Sorry about that.

I also agree with his assessment of Pella.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

Don't care for the interior features and general appearance of the all Ultrex (fiberglass) Integrity insert product from Marvin. The wood interior is very nice. You have Inline out of Canada if you can find it and are willing to spend that much and wait for it.

In addition to the OKNA Starmark you would have Interstate and whoever currently owns and is releasing the old THZ product that Paragon owned. Soft-Lite had it for a while but Paragon just was sold to Sunrise.

If you don't mind a PVC exterior with typical 45-degree welds a ProVia Aeris might be worth a look. I think Milgard has a fiberglass insert offering as well.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

If you want fiberglass I would suggest Wood Ultrex by Marvin, fiberglass exterior, wood interior.

If you want the best air infiltration performnce look at Okna. The vinyl 800DX is nice and as been suggested the 900DX(Starmark) is very nice too.