Window installation

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Nutavius

Window installation

#1 Post by Nutavius »

Hello there, I am new to the forums. I have recently had a quote for Winforce windows to be installed. Ill give as much facts as i can. i live in FL.
- Winforce Vinyl frame reinforced with aluminnum inside all around
- Virgin Vinyl 8 double hung 2 slide double pane, low e coated(silver), argon gas filled, impact windows
- measured 868 united inch for all windows, if i measured correctly.
- lifetime transferable warranty on windows, frames, and mesh
- install, permits, and removal/clean up included.
Quoted 11,500.

Was just wondering if any professional had an opinion if this sounds like a decent price for the job.

House built in 69 original windows. Aluminum frame single pane no coatings. Frame look like they are begining to bow a little. Company will be Power Home Remodeling.

Edit: Thank you all for your replies. Not sure how to post replies. I live in Bartow near Lakeland. Do not think I am required to have impact windows.
Last edited by Nutavius on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

Re: Window installation

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The cost of doing business in Florida is definitely expensive with all the permitting processes.

The Wincore window is an adaptation of a proven design from Simonton and is a well regarded unit as a solid performer.

If you have reviewed the installer and have a good sense of his work, it sounds like its in the range of normalcy that we see on pricing. Again, you are your best research tool, but nothing is jumping out as out of whack here.

TheWindowNerd

Re: Window installation

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would look for another install company, smaller more install driven.

What city in Fla? Are you required to use impact windows?