Marvin Interity sliding patio doors and windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
keith1024

Marvin Interity sliding patio doors and windows

#1 Post by keith1024 »

I'm looking at Marvin Integrity windows and sliding patio doors. My question is about the weather stripping. Is it effective? It just looked like there wasn't much to it, like I've seen on other sliding patio doors Thank you.

Windows on Washington

Re: Marvin Interity sliding patio doors and windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

We haven't had any issues or complaints about the handful that we have installed.

I will say that many of the wood manufacturers don't seem to be as focused on the air infiltration benchmark so you will see that sometimes when it comes to weatherstripping levels.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree with Windows on Washington.
I like the Integrity line for several reasons and have no complaints from customers.
I too would like to see the wood windows pay more attention to AI.

theWindowNerd.com

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I agree and disagree, lol...

I do like the Integrity line for what it is: a well built, fairly priced window/door with wood interior. What it is not is a supremely air tight top performer... Then again, the vast majority of products with a real wood interior are not. I have had relatively few complaints on the window side and have 10-15 yr old units in service that look and work great, however I get a very high rate of complaints on the doors in terms of air leakage.

...I shouldn't even say disagree btw, just perhaps some different experience. My climate in WI may have something to do with that as well...