Sunrise restoration air leakage

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Jigyk4

Sunrise restoration air leakage

#1 Post by Jigyk4 »

Hello i recently had 10 sunrise restoration replacement double hung windows installed and now that it is cold and wind is out of the north i am getting cold air coming through the corners where the sash and window rail meet on each side.The installer said its normal for some leakage in windy conditions but im not buying it. The temp at the window is 56 degrees but where its leaking its 32 degrees. Is this actually normal and if not what would be the fix for them?

Delaware Mike

Re: Sunrise restoration air leakage

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Some interior close up pictures showing the sash to frame reveals and weatherstripping could be helpful. The tolerances on that window platform are pretty tight along with them featuring triple weatherstripping on the sashes. Since Sunrise doesn't like interlocks on the DH units, they simply double up the weatherstripping to that area but I've not ever seen daylight gaps in the corners where the sashes override each other. Very odd. I believe that window is tested with an .04 AL result. That's pretty respectable.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

I agree with Mike, that sounds odd. It’s possible that the jambs could have been slightly bowed during installation. Photos would be very helpful.
Last edited by Randy on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigyk4

#4 Post by Jigyk4 »

i cant figure out how to attach a photo on here how do i do it? thanks

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Feel free to email me a few photos and I will get them on the thread for viewing.

enovotny@windowsonwashington.net

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Here you go.

Pretty standard leakage areas for most DH in my opinion and the thermal camera is a great tool for showing contrast, but it is an operable unit.

Some draft blockers might help here and I don't see any evidence that stuff is out of whack by being bowed.
Attachments
image4.jpeg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

toddinmn

#7 Post by toddinmn »

Windows on Washington wrote:Here you go.

Pretty standard leakage areas for most DH in my opinion and the thermal camera is a great tool for showing contrast, but it is an operable unit.

Some draft blockers might help here and I don't see any evidence that stuff is out of whack by being bowed.
Would like to see picture facing the window to show sash reveal to frame ?

Jigyk4

#8 Post by Jigyk4 »

the sash reveal looks good its pretty much even and window appears square i would post photo but i don't have the ability to post. Installer came and made some adjustments today so we will see how the do tomorrow thanks