Window separation from frame?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
justyn

Window separation from frame?

#1 Post by justyn »

Hello - new user/1st time posting. At my townhome, the 3rd floor window has become separated by ~1/4" from the window frame. I've never seen something like this before and need help 1) understanding if this is a window issue that can be repaired or if replacement is required and 2) if this is a failure of some type with the window or if this unfortunately points to bigger (e.g. - foundation) issues....

I have a picture but don't know how to upload it. Thanks for any help.

Justyn

Windows on Washington

Re: Window separation from frame?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Justyn,

There should be a section at the bottom of the post that allows you to attach files to the post. See attached screenshot.

If you are having difficultly, you can email me the file directly and I will see to getting it uploaded.

Enovotny@windowsonwashington.net
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 6.37.54 AM.png

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Here is the picture.

If I had to guess, it appears the exterior glazing bead somehow came loose and the glass is separating from the frame. I would call a glazier on the quick as that thing is holding on by a thread. Be very careful and aware that if you do not get this addressed and it was a know defect, if it falls out and hurts...or kills someone, you could be held liable.
Attachments
Window.jpg

justyn

#4 Post by justyn »

Thanks - I'm working on a better photo but, to be clear, the only separation is along the left hand side where the entire pane of glass has a 1/4" gap to the frame. All three other sides look normal.

I'll reach out to a glazier ASAP!

justyn

#5 Post by justyn »

Looking to contact a glazier today. If you have any recommendations in Seattle, WA - please let me know.

Here are the additional photos as promised (we'll see if this works since I can't attach).

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/justyn/library/