Alside Mezzo vs Simonton Madeira

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
reggie_spw

Alside Mezzo vs Simonton Madeira

#1 Post by reggie_spw »

We are looking at replacing 17 windows in our home in Washington State just outside Seattle. We are down to two options, the Alside Mezzo and the Simonton Madeira. I have read some older posts about people's dislike for some Alside products that makes me a bit leary about going that way but I was curious if anyone had any input specifically around these lines.

We are getting multiple casement windows as well as a few large picture windows (60" x 60") and a bow window. The two vendors we are looking at seem to be wiling to price match to within a couple hundred dollars (~17k total)

Any thoughts, inputs suggestions would be appreciated.

Randy

Re: Alside Mezzo vs Simonton Madeira

#2 Post by Randy »

Alside is not a company that I would ever recommend doing business with. Their products lines are poorly designed and executed, which explains why they are generally only popular with companies who deal in the “low price guarantee" of the replacement window industry. They should be avoided.

Simonton is a decent mid-grade vinyl window if there aren’t better choices available, and in your area, I don’t think there are. Okna, Sunrise, Soft-lite, Kensington and Polaris probably aren’t out that far yet.

Windows on Washington

Re: Alside Mezzo vs Simonton Madeira

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

There isn't much superlative about the Milgard product line up in vinyl, but it is definitely better than one of your options and possibly both.