Please help us, pros, with our window replacement questions

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Pato58

Please help us, pros, with our window replacement questions

#1 Post by Pato58 »

Hi everybody! :D
New to this forum but I have been reading a lot of posts and recommendations from the pros.
We live in South Jersey, 20 min from Philadelphia. We own a twin house constructed in 1983 with the original metallic windows.

We need to replace 12 windows. We have 4 pairs of 35x59 double-hung windows, 2 individual 34.5x59, one bathroom window 22x35 and another window 22x35 at the top part of our stairs that we would like to convert to a picture window as it is very high to access it.

Next week we will get an estimate from Emerald Windows. We were informed that they work mostly with Northeast Building Products. Also, we will get a second estimate from Ardmor, Inc, also in Philly and they seem to work with Advanced Window Corp. products. I cannot find any reviews from Advanced Windows. Any thoughts?
We are looking for mid range vinyl replacement windows. I found your forum AFTER requesting the 2 estimates. I read great reviews here about the OKNA 500 series. Can you recommend OKNA dealers with great installers in my area? Also, any other window recommendation and where to find dealers who install them?

Could you guys post the website of DELAWARE MIKE?

Thanks for your help!

Windows on Washington

Re: Please help us, pros, with our window replacement questions

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

You can click on Mike's name and get linked up to him via the button under his name. You can't go wrong with Mike.

http://www.vinyl-replacement-windows.co ... 2af79600a2

Pato58

#3 Post by Pato58 »

Thanks WoW!
Any thoughts about the Advanced and the Northeast windows that you could help me with?
Which series of windows from these two manufacturers is recommended?

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Hi Pato, Posting direct contact links to our websites is against policy. If we were to talk I could direct you to my website which is in the process of a total long overdue rebuild. I do post weekly before and after galleries on social media. The North East product in my opinion is more of a beefed up contractor grade vinyl offering. I'm not a fan of the lines of the window, it's blue white shade of color, limited options, and Sashlite glazing. One of the pros of North East is that like OKNA it's made locally.

Pato58

#5 Post by Pato58 »

Thanks D. Mike!

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

Very welcome. Moved back to the family farm in New Jersey Salem County in 08 lol.................