Apex (Alside) windows versus Zen Nirvana....Help?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
klaw

Apex (Alside) windows versus Zen Nirvana....Help?

#1 Post by klaw »

I am getting about the same quotes on both windows and can't tell which is a better window. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

Re: Apex (Alside) windows versus Zen Nirvana....Help?

#2 Post by Randy »

Zen sells a Soft-lite brand window, and it’s better a better brand than Alside. Apex’s gimmicky sales tactics make them a non-starter for me, so I would never encourage anyone to do business with them. None of the pros here would recommend getting SL windows from Zen. I’d suggest seeing if you can find another dealer for Soft-lite, and compare it to Okna and Sunrise if they’re available in your area.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Most folks post here and other forum interfaces with 2 distinctly different experiences when they visit with Apex.

Option 1: They rave about it and despite their best attempts, sound clearly like industry folks that are falsely representing themselves as consumers.

Option 2: Folks talk about seriously outlandish discounts and what feels like a smarmy sales experience.

The ones that actually read like real consumers are usually Option 2. On the Soft-Lite front, I really like the Imperial LS or Elements window in their line up. I would see if you can see either of those two products and then make a decision.

Randy

#4 Post by Randy »

Their sales tactics include a large “discount” for using the consumers house as advertising to their neighbors, friends, etc.... Part of the homeowner’s duties, in order to get the discount, is to promote them with great reviews on the internet, NextDoor, Angie’s List, etc.... So the reviews that seem so glowing are in fact bought and paid for.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Good insights above and I'd agree.
Pick a few top window choices including Softlite Elements, Sunrise Restoration, Okna, etc, and then find a reputable local dealer or two to choose from. I don't believe that either of your options would fit that description.