Simonton prism line?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Stardog

Simonton prism line?

#1 Post by Stardog »

Is Simonton still selling the prism line of windows? When I check their website I cannot find any materials on the prism line. We are in the Midwest.

Randy

Re: Simonton prism line?

#2 Post by Randy »

As I understand it, Prism was the line sold exclusively through Norandex. Norandex has now been bought by ABC Supply and the line has been rebranded as Simonton Perfexion.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Everything in the Prism line up has a direct equivalent in the regular Simonton line up so if you are having problems finding a Prism dealer, you might just try another Simonton dealer and cross reference.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Good feedback above. I'd only add that in the Midwest, you likely have access to some products that perform better than the one in question as well.... Take some time to read through the information on this site. There is more than enough to make a very well informed buying decision.

Stardog

#5 Post by Stardog »

Thanks Homesealed.

I’m at a point of deciding on windows. I live in the Midwest and our options are very limited. There are no Okna or SUNRISE dealers in my area. Options I have reviewed are

Revere
Alside
Wincore
Champion
Pella
Anderson
Simonton
Various swap-shop brands such as window-world

We have settled in on either the Wincore 7700, or Simonton 9800.

Does anyone have pictures of a Simonton 9800 double hung and casement? My contractor can order and install, but can only show the Prism/perfection sample.

Thanks

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

I would also inquire about soft lite, they should be in your area. Also look into kensington.

toddinmn

#7 Post by toddinmn »

I like the Simonton best out of your options listed.
Soft-Lite and Kensington are good options but can be hard to find at supply houses.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

toddinmn wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 am I like the Simonton best out of your options listed.
Soft-Lite and Kensington are good options but can be hard to find at supply houses.
Where did he say he was looking at windows only available in supply houses??
Again, i would look for a soft lite or kensignton dealer, they are both made better than simonton which is a very outdated and bulky design.

Stardog

#9 Post by Stardog »

Thanks Todd and masterext. I have contacted our softlite dealer (zen windows) and Kensington to check their products.

One feature we prefer in the wincore windows is their ability to “dual-extrude” both the interior and exterior face of the window in a different color. We were told they could do that with standard colors “beige/tan/white”. Do you have any opinions on that vs laminated colors or painted colors options for the window brands who do not do that (Simonton)?

masterext

#10 Post by masterext »

You are referring to a coextruded exterior. Its a pretty nice feature but not something you would base your decision on in my opinion. You will find both soft lite and kensington are far superior to both wincore and simonton.

Stardog

#11 Post by Stardog »

Definitely will look at them. Do you have any specific details you can share on how they are better products?

toddinmn

#12 Post by toddinmn »

The Soft-Lite Windows that Zen offers are not far superior IMO. I am not familiar with Kensington

toddinmn

#13 Post by toddinmn »

The Soft-Lite Windows that Zen offers are not far superior IMO. I am not familiar with Kensington

toddinmn

#14 Post by toddinmn »

masterext wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:24 pm
toddinmn wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 am I like the Simonton best out of your options listed.
Where did he say he was looking at windows only available in supply houses??
Again, i would look for a soft lite or kensignton dealer, they are both made better than simonton which is a very outdated and bulky design.
I was merely pointing it out since they were looking at having there contractor install the Windows with the Simonton line.

Stardog

#15 Post by Stardog »

toddinmn wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 am The Soft-Lite Windows that Zen offers are not far superior IMO. I am not familiar with Kensington
The zen rep will sell the imperial LS, pro, and classic. Unfortunately not the Elements which I would prefer for the look.