Why is shopping for windows so difficult as a homeowner?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
MACC

Re: Why is shopping for windows so difficult as a homeowner?

#16 Post by MACC »

Stardog,

I know what you are saying. I'm in the same general location, and I find everything in our area to be equally as difficult. We are doing the window research thing, and the pros here have some great knowledge and advice. However, there's not much anyone can do to help with our location. I sometimes wonder if others could even fathom it without experiencing it themselves.

We know what we want and are willing to pay for it, but it seems incredibly hard to get through the different business models to just get it. I'm often amazed at how hard some models make it for the informed customer to make what should be a simple purchase. I realize legit businesses have to fend off a lot of customer foolishness reflecting business practices from some industry players, but there are better ways. Many of the folks here clearly demonstrate the right way to do things.

I do wish you well and hope to learn from your experience as well. I would PM you if possible but that site feature is not enabled for me yet. Feel free to PM me if you can. I try to keep my discussion of specific businesses offline, unless I have been grievously wronged.

For the guys that mentioned Sunrise, I believe they are in transition in our market. A local dealer that I contacted was not ordering from them presently. I'm not sure if we have another Sunrise dealer. I would think someone would want to carry them just for all the rotting casements we have in the Ohio valley and their nice trim package options.

Best,

Mac

Stardog

Re: Why is shopping for windows so difficult as a homeowner?

#17 Post by Stardog »

WindowsDirectCinci wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:55 am Stardog is there any Sunrise dealers down there? They have some great options made specifically for Full Tear Installations.
I can’t find any sunrise dealers (problem #1) and have contacted their online request form for info but haven’t received a reply.