Sunrise vs Provia

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
crazyascarl

Sunrise vs Provia

#1 Post by crazyascarl »

Newbie here... loved reading all the posts, but could use a bit more specific insight....

I'm looking to replace 25 windows in my old Denver house. I've done my due diligence and gotten bids from various, well reviewed, installers who are all pushing their partner brands-- Milgard (Tuscany), Simonton (5500), Amerimax (Craftsman), Provia (Endure) and Sunrise ("Premium"... an in house line supposedly with various components of the Vanguard, Restoration and Verde lines).

I'm not impressed by the Milgard or Simonton. A few years ago I installed Amerimax in my basement and think they're fine but I am particularly intrigued by the Provia and Sunrise for this project, which sound like a "step up" from the other lines.

Wondering everybody's thoughts on these two windows. The Sunrise is coming in a bit more expensive, but not enough to truly make or break the decision... particularly because (ideally) these are an investment and (hopefully) will last for years/decades

Thanks for your insight!!

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise vs Provia

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Pretty much same thing I said on the green board which was:

Both are quality companies.

Sunrise has been doing vinyl window for a lot longer, but I am not sure that has bearing any longer given innovation.

I haven't seen the Endure in a while and I haven't used it personally so I can't comment on that comparison. What I do know is that you probably can't go wrong with either.

How did the companies compare?

crazyascarl

#3 Post by crazyascarl »

Ha, Sorry. Didn't realize these boards overlapped!!

The Provia dealer really pushes Milgard, but with some nudging they are willing to install Provia for around $100/window more. They're a major Milgard dealer in the area so they can get them for cheap. They claims that the AAMA ratings for the two windows are the same for the glass and the air infiltration, so why spend the extra $$? From what I've read, and from limited hands-on experience, Provia just looks and feels nicer. That said, they do good work (I know people who have used them and they have good reviews on Yelp, AngiesList...)

The Sunrise installer I'm not as sold on... the salesman/owner didn't instill as much confidence (but his crew does the install, not him). It's a younger company that has good yelp reviews but no presence on Angieslist.

If I decide to go with Sunrise, I'll likely explore a few other install companies as well.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sounds like you are figuring out your options.