Any info on Alliance (American Window Alliance)?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Mike Meadors

Any info on Alliance (American Window Alliance)?

#1 Post by Mike Meadors »

Anybody used these windows? I am thinking of using their Windgate new construction window.

Pro Window in Little Rock is a member of this Alliance. Several others also fabricate under this banner. The best online website appears to be here:

http://advancedbldg.com/images/ALLIANCE.PDF

Other options include the Pella Thermastar 10 Single hung or the Atrium 7700.

I would appreciate a quick response. Thanks.

Mike

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

A quick response as you asked for is: None of the above. The Windgate new construction window uses OLD window construction. The swiggle spacer is one of my least preferred. Nice detailed website info but it appears that it is meant to confuse a homeowner and appear technologically advanced... it's simply not.

What are you looking for most in your windows? I am certain many here can suggest better solutions.

C5SAGE

#3 Post by C5SAGE »

The American Window Alliance is made up of a group of independent window manufacturers from different regions of the country. Unable to obtain the upgraded window systems they believed were necessary from their suppliers - new window systems are expensive to develop - they joined forces. Pooling their volume enabled them to find a new supplier willing to build a new system to meet their market needs. Characterizing them as OLD technology is inappropriate. It could be appropriate to call Swiggle old technology, as it was the first warm edge spacer in the industry, or you could call it proven. Swiggle got to be old only because it works. As with the wheel, reinvention does not guarantee improvement.

The Alliance itself represents a new concept in window manufacturing - non-competing companies working together, sharing buying power and manufacturing and marketing experience as a way to work smarter than the major producers they compete against. They are a quality group.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Call it proven all you want. We pros who have installed windows with it over the years and have had to replace the IGs because of seal failure or the swiggle strip falling down between the panes would not agree.

I've never seen Intercept, Superspacer, or TPS spacers do this, so why take the chance? There are plenty of windows to choose from with the more advanced spacer systems.

JScott

#5 Post by JScott »

Not too long ago several Certainteed fabricators were disenchanted with Certainteed. They came together as an alliance or independant partnership and I believe they met with Dayton Technologies to construct a profile that would be their product. The basic concept was that "should one of the independant fabricators go out of business that the rest of the alliance would supply materials/glass/balances for their customers" which is a great benefit. From a fabricator point it gave them a good marketability of the products and lowered their product cost through collective buying. We looked at there products. Not impressed.