Swing in Slider?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
nmeinc

Swing in Slider?

#1 Post by nmeinc »

Hi, I just found this site and am amazed at the knowledge here. I did a search, but could not find any info on slide and swing windows. Alside makes a swinging slider that I am interested in, but do not know what "grade" to get.
the swing in feature would be great for cleaning and ventilation. I have 2 windows 46"tall by 54" wide would this window be a viable option?
I was also wondering how the slide part worked if it had wheels or not?
another consern is noise, the windows I have now are not much quiter closed than open and don't seal well. how are the Alside windows for quiteing noise transmission?
the windows are on the second floor so cleaning is a pain, and the plastic wheels have become flattened. they are very hard to open and close let alone remove sashes to clean them.

I am in MI and have been quoted differant windows, but this is the only one I have found that swings. Any opinions are welcome.................Karl

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

Take a look at the Schuco In-Line slider. It is by far the best performing and best engineered swing-in slider I have seen. As the unit closes it retracts back into the frame and seals tightly against two bulb seals. It's a must see.

WGorell

#3 Post by WGorell »

Karl,
We make a tilt and slide window, as well as many versions of sliders that do not tilt, but the sash easily remove to the inside for cleaning. All our vertically operating windows (double hung) also tilt in for cleaning. The rollers on the sliders are metal so they wont flatten out. Also, if you are planning to leave the window tilted in for full ventilation you want to make sure the sash securely lock into place while tilted, many don't. As far as sound, we offer 6 different glass options from high energy efficiency to security and sound control to allow you to customize the window to your needs. If you would like more information go to our website (edited by RW-Admin, please do not post home site URL's - thank you!)
Sincerely,
Wayne Gorell

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Wayne,
I have sold your products (from both of your companies) throughout my career, and have an off-site dealer question if you have the time to answer. window4u@insightb.com