Advice on Replacement Vinyl Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
tom&jerry

Advice on Replacement Vinyl Windows

#1 Post by tom&jerry »

Hello, I am replacing 15 windows and a patio door in a property in Orangevale, CA (near Sacramento).
These would be vinyl windows with white frames, screens and low E3. Prices also include permit,
installation and haul-away. Also most are quoting a 4-5 week delivery. I would really appreciate any
comments about the various products and the prices quoted. In speaking with a showcase rep, he
mentioned that vinyl windows are pretty much all the same and it boils down to installation and price.
All the companies assured me that they will provide great installers.

These are the quotes:
1. Simonton Daylight Max $12,874
2. Amerimax Craftsman Portrait Windows & New Horizon Patio Door $12,260
3. Mezzo Series Windows by Alside $11,875
4. Bay View Series by Monte Verde/Anlin $10,751
5. Milgard Tuscany Series, $12,874

Thanks in advance.

Windows on Washington

Re: Advice on Replacement Vinyl Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

You might not get the most directed feedback on several of those windows in this line up. Some of the offerings that you are listing here aren't available to most of us that are East of the Rockies and, as such, our personal experience will be limited.

What I can tell you is:

1. Simonton makes a solid product and the daylight max was designed at mitigating what are some of the drawbacks in their other windows with the bulky frames.

2. Amerimax seems to have a pretty good reputation, although I can't speak to it personally.

3. Mezzo is a step in the right direction and a clear improvement over the Excalibur (its predecessor).\

4. Same as #2.

5. Tuscany, in my short dealings with it, was a nice and solid mid level performer with clean lines.

tom&jerry

Re: Advice on Replacement Vinyl Windows

#3 Post by tom&jerry »

Thanks very much. I appreciate it your feedback.