EPOCH 2300 vinyl replacement window

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Kwikway1

EPOCH 2300 vinyl replacement window

#1 Post by Kwikway1 »

I need sashes replaced due to faulty seals. They are supposed to have a lifetime warranty. The company from whom I purchased is no longer in business. Where do I find a vendor in Atlanta area?

toddinmn

Re: EPOCH 2300 vinyl replacement window

#2 Post by toddinmn »

When I don’t Know things o often use google.

toddinmn

#3 Post by toddinmn »

When I don’t Know things o often use google.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I followed Todd's advice. Looks like they were made by Accuweld which is also out of business, I assume that your local reference was regarding the installation company. If you have glass with seal failures but the windows are still good, you can contact a local glass shop. Obviously there is no warranty though.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

If the glass is bad and not the actual sash, it's a very normal glass swap out. I don't like to admit this, I have Epoch 2300's in my own house from the early 2000's. All are still perfect so I'm having a hard time justifying adding my higher end offerings for no reason. Accu-Weld did their own in-house glazing of the glass with Intercept and even extruded their own vinyl for their extrusion profiles.

You will simply need to find a glass shop or building supply house that can sell you some replacement insulated glass units. If it's sashes I'm assuming that you have double hung units. If so you would simply take a very stiff blade putty knife and remove the snap-in glazing beads to the outside of your sashes. I would tilt and lift the sashes out of the balance shoes and place atop a good work area that is softened with something like an old towel. The glazing beads that Accu-Weld utilized feature a slightly barbed profile that simply slides into the underneath exterior face of the sash into a groove. These are super easy unlike what I've wrestled with the "L" shaped glazing beads that we see from the old failing Certainteed sashes.

Start at a corner of the box jointed glazing beads and just get one corner loose and you will be able to remove them all to measure exact existing glass size for ordering of the new glass. Accu-Weld utilized double-strength glass on them so if you try to fit a single-strength glass new glass unit in there it will be too narrow. You will need to order a 7/8" depth glass unit most likely with low-e & argon. Accu-Weld used PPG tin plated steel Intercept spacing which is getting harder and harder to find. You may have to settle with something like Duralite spacing.

One last thing, Accu-Weld wet glazed their glass to the sashes with silicone. You will have to break that seal loose most likely. I simply use a flexible 3-4" putty knife in which I've sharpened the edges with a file or grinder to run between the glazing bead and glass to break the silicon seal. You can wet the glass surface with Windex to make easier.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Mike where is the u tube?
How ya goin t make any money sharing trade secrets?