Need help for window installation..!!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Dannii

Need help for window installation..!!

#1 Post by Dannii »

Hey guys, I am planning on moving to Ottawa next week. I recently bought a house there that has 20 old double hung single pane windows. There are some furnishing works to be done.
I was looking for a window installation service near Ottawa. One of my friends suggested Verdun windows is an excellent service providing firm.
Based on the quotes, I am looking at breaking the project up into two jobs. 10 windows at a time. Would it be better to do the downstairs or the upstairs windows first? Is there a difference? Most people I ask say downstairs.
Any thoughts?
Last edited by Dannii on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

toddinmn

Re: Need help for window installation..!!

#2 Post by toddinmn »

Do the worst ones first or if you’re doing it before you move in do the ones that would be harder to get to later.
I always like to start at the top.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

People break up there project in different ways: 1st fl, 2nd fl; or one or two elevations at a time ( that way the front looks consistent, etc.
Where ever you do fisrt will be incentive to complete the project.

theWindowNerd.com

teddy55

#4 Post by teddy55 »

I would also say downstairs. For no other reason than you will have better visibility out of your windows and potential buyers will see these first when the walk into the house.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

No real right or wrong way here, just what makes sense to you based on aesthetics and the way that you use your home. Is consistency in appearance more important to you inside or outside? Front of house, sides, or rear? Are there a group that are in worse shape than others? .... Most times in my experience people break it up into living/entertaining areas as one stage, and then bedrooms and bathrooms as the other, with some consideration given to the exterior appearance, particularly on the front of the home.