Soft-Lite Levels?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
softliteoptions

Soft-Lite Levels?

#1 Post by softliteoptions »

Southeastern US here, looking to replace 4 rectangular windows + 2 half-rounds.

Here are my Soft-Lite quotes:

Classic (double-pane): 4.5k

Pro (double-pane): 4.6k

Pro (triple-pane): 4.9k

Imperial (double-pane): 4.85k

What should I choose? Is it clear that the imperial double-pane beats the pro triple-pane (Southern US)? Do any of these make any different for rental/resale in, say, 5 years?

HomeSealed

Re: Soft-Lite Levels?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The Imperial or LS or whatever they are calling it these days is superior to the Pro, yes. The Pro with triple pane will have a better U value and condensation resistance due to the upgraded glass, but the LS is better engineered and constructed and will last longer. Depending on exactly how far south you are, the triple pane may not be as important as it would be to folks further north anyway, but if the pricing follows the same pattern and you can get the LS with triple for another $300 bucks on this $5k purchase, I'd say that is the easy choice.

When it comes to resale, there are three things that can have value IMO, although it can vary by the individual:
1) Sexy name. Most times folks only know Pella, Marvin, and Andersen, so not a ton of value here, but kudos to you for finding very good, high performance window choices over household name brands.

2) Quality. You want a window that will still look and feel like new in 5+ years. I'd give the LS an edge here, although the Pro is good enough that this shouldn't be a big issue.

3) Energy Efficiency/ Energy Star rated/ Triple pane. Grouped these together to some degree. For prospective home buyers, unless they recently bought windows in their last place, they aren't likely to be up on air leakage ratings, solar heat gain, etc. That said, being Energy Star rated, and triple pane to a higher degree will be appealing in that these are very efficient windows that won't likely need replacement anytime soon.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would vote for the LS in dual pane, not sure of what glass package you need, it would be based on region.
Supercept spacer or super spacer for sure.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Another vote for the Imperial LS (or LS if that is what they are calling it) from me as well.

softliteoptions

#5 Post by softliteoptions »

Thanks, everyone! I'll ask for a quote on the Imperial LS triple-pane.

The region is TN; does anyone think this means absolutely no need for triple-pane?

softliteoptions

#6 Post by softliteoptions »

Thanks, everyone! I'll ask for a quote on the Imperial LS triple-pane.

The region is TN; does anyone think this means absolutely no need for triple-pane?

softliteoptions

#7 Post by softliteoptions »

Triple-pane Imperial is 5k

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Sounds like an easy choice at that upcharge. I'd go Imperial LS triple all day.