Various Quotes Dallas/Ft. Worth area

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
cc01b83

Various Quotes Dallas/Ft. Worth area

#1 Post by cc01b83 »

Hi,

I'm looking to replace 35 windows in my home of various sizes and type (mostly single hung or picture). I've learned a lot about windows here so I was hoping to get feedback on my quotes. More specifically, is the higher price for the Sunrise windows worth it or should I go with the mid-tier quotes.

To give you an idea of the size of our windows, I would say most are around 48x60 with some larger ones bigger than 60x60 and some smaller ones.

NT Energy Master: $20,500 and $23,500 from 2 companies without foam filling in frames

J&M Glass in house (4200 Series): $21,985; I want to say these might be similar to the NT windows (single hung: U-value .28, SHGC .21, VT .47, CR 58)

Window Mart Advantage Plus 7100: $23,158 without foam in frame or +1800 for foam

Sunrise Omega 12: $29,840 with foam in frames

Amerimax Windows uses the loe366 cardinal glass: $30,000 (I'm pretty sure this price is negotiable)

Is approx 8k more for Sunrise worth it? Does the quote for Sunrise seem reasonable? I'm purchasing windows for my forever home so I'm willing to shell out the additional amount if it makes sense.

Thanks for your help!

Randy

Re: Various Quotes Dallas/Ft. Worth area

#2 Post by Randy »

Not being familiar with J&M Windows, I visited their website. It’s not an impressive window and pocket sills on single/double hung should be avoided.

Sunrise is not worth the extra money in this case, IMO. 48” wide windows in the Texas heat could lead to bowed sills unfortunately.

NT’s Energy Master is a decent mid-grade vinyl window, but the pricing is so low that it’s somewhat concerning. It’s too bad you can’t get Soft-lite or Okna in DFW.

WindowsDirectCinci

#3 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

The Sunrise quote seems within reason for that that window usually cost if its the Vanguard or Restorations model. Omega 12 is just the glass option and not the model. I'm a big fan of the Cardinal Stainless Glass system that they use and I know from experience there level of service is top notch. Im honestly not familiar with the other windows you've asked about, but Sunrise is 1 of about 5 windows out there that I would put in my own home.

cc01b83

#4 Post by cc01b83 »

Sorry for the confusion on Sunrise. It is the Vanguard.

I wonder if the quotes are lower because it's the winter, some of the smaller companies seemed more willing to negotiate for the business.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Most companies will stay pretty consistently busy throughout the year, but manufacturers will sometimes spiff stuff to the contractors that can get passed through as well.

cc01b83

#6 Post by cc01b83 »

In some older posts (back in 2017), it didn't sound like people were fans of Burris. Has that changed? I'm in the process of getting another quote and the contractor highly recommended Burris.

Randy

#7 Post by Randy »

I’m still not a fan of the window, however, in many parts of Texas there aren’t better options. Where are you located?

cc01b83

#8 Post by cc01b83 »

Thanks Randy. I'm located in Coppell, right next to Carrollton.