Vinyl placement quotes

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
grizmax1

Vinyl placement quotes

#1 Post by grizmax1 »

I recently purchased an older home, and am looking to have 24 windows replaced (2 bay, 2 casement and 20 double hung).
I have gotten 2 quotes so far. The first is for Simonton 5500s at $18200 with installation and capping. The second was for Okna 600s which came in at $28462. I contacted Okna and was told that this was the only dealer in my area.

The first installer (whom I've worked with before and am very happy with his work) has said that he can install the Oknas if I can purchase them from the dealer. The Okna dealer has told me that they will direct sell but will need to get back to me with a price.

Anyone have any idea at how much just the Okna window should cost? I really liked the Okna windows, but don't want to overpay. Thanks in advance.

Windows on Washington

Re: Vinyl placement quotes

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Impossible to say. Each dealer will have a different multiplier based on a number of factors.

Who was the dealer?

grizmax1

#3 Post by grizmax1 »

Aspen Home Improvement, Lancaster, PA

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Good dealer. They have been doing this for a good long while.

Not sure what each window costs them, but they are a solid vendor for the product. You will probably see a decent spread in the price, but it will illustrate that quality windows are definitely a material premium over their average counterparts.

grizmax1

#5 Post by grizmax1 »

Okna salesman called back today, he gave me a quote of $750.00 each just for the windows. I think I’ll go back to looking at the Simonton or Pella again.

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

If your happy with the looks of the 5500 window and installer it’s a no brained imo at more than 50% less
Consider upgrading it to Superspacer and maybe sash reinforcement on the double hungs if larger width.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Probably a bit of a tough pill to swallow given the numbers that you got from another contractor that you have used. See what the upgrade prices on the Simonton are and then check them against that, but the number he gave you before was tough to beat.