Chicago Install

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
misterawesome

Chicago Install

#1 Post by misterawesome »

Hi - I'm looking to replace some windows in my condo in Chicago, and was looking to the community to help me along the way with two items:

1. WHO TO CALL. I had previously replaced some bedroom windows (Okna) via Dave aka Window4u on this forum. It appears that he is no longer active here and his business appears closed. Can anyone recommend a quality vendor/installer that would service the city of Chicago?

2. INSTALL QUESTION. I am looking to replace four double-hung windows (three of which are in a bay). I live on the third floor of a three floor building, located on a pretty major street. Should I expect this to be a more difficult (costly) install based on the height? When I had my other windows replaced, they were easily accessible on the exterior because there is a deck to work on.

Delaware Mike

Re: Chicago Install

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Unfortunately, our good friend Dave passed away very recently and had been suffering ill health over the last few years. He will be missed as he was a mentor to all of us, both pros and homeowners. You could contact OKNA directly to see if they have any other dealers that service your area. I think Soft-Lite has a dealer locator as part of their website that you can put your zip code into.

If I was bidding on your project, 3rd story and parking issues would factor into the price as they slow the install process.

z-man

#3 Post by z-man »

Try Meister they install Okna, Sunrise, Soft-lite, and Lindsay windows. They service Chicago and all the surrounding suburbs.

misterawesome

#4 Post by misterawesome »

That is terrible news about Dave. He was such a helpful resource for me.

Thank you for the recommendations on other vendors in the area. It looks like Meister and Scientific Home Services are the best options for me.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

misterawesome,

David was a great person and he will be missed on a great many levels by all of us. Hopefully we can continue to help folks out on the boards as we do know that he enjoyed that part of the business.