Replacement windows add beauty to your home...Add value to your home...Save energy while lowering your heating bills!
Call us at
1-800-399-4623

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tensioning Constant Balance / Coil Balance Windows
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:12 am 

I have some vinyl, double-hung, constant balance / coil balance windows that need to be retensioned to hold the windows open.

I cannot identify the manufacturer or model of the window.

After visiting a local window dealer, Muhler Windows, the manager showed me how to adjust the tension on a constant balance window -- there are little plastic Ts that pop into the lower carrier and a simple screw driver is used to turn the device a couple of 'clicks' in order to add tension to the coil. He gave me a handful of these to install in my windows and I thought everything was great. When I got home I found out that these little plastic Ts do no fit into my windows so I am back to square one.

I have searched the Internet and cannot find any information about adjusting the tension on a constant balance window. SWISCO did not seem to have parts for my particular window but they did offer to do some research if I send them some photos and measurements.

Can someone assist me with the tensioning procedures/tools/devices?