Seeking comments on Bryn Mawr II by CertainTeed

Share your experiences with others
nelch

Seeking comments on Bryn Mawr II by CertainTeed

#1 Post by nelch »

We are searching for replacement windows in Maryland. We have a $6500 quote for 13 Bryn Mawr II vinyl windows. we would appreciate any comments on the windows and the price. Thanks.

Atex Window Pro

BMII Windows

#2 Post by Atex Window Pro »

The window quote you received is in line with most pricing in this market. I have installed 100's of Certainteed Bryn Mawr II windows and it is a decent window. I do believe the Simonton Prism Platinium is a better window. The sash frames and window frames are more rigid and they are slightly less less expensive.

Thanh

Certainteed windows

#3 Post by Thanh »

Hi nelch,

Have you got your windows replaced yet?

If you have, please let me know how you like it, if you don't mind.

Thanks

HomeSealed

Re: Seeking comments on Bryn Mawr II by CertainTeed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

The Bryn Mawr by Certainteed is also known as the MI 1650 and Cutting Edge. It looks pretty nice and has option content such as the composite spacer, mortised locks, etc that make it appear to be a higher-end window... unfortunately, looks can be deceiving. I would highly suggest comparing the thermal and structural performance ratings to other mid or higher end windows, particularly in the area of air leakage. It does pass the minimum requirement, however it's rating is one the absolute worst that you'll find for any window at any price. Your quote of about $500 per window should put you in a decent product, which could vary by market. The $500-$600 range in many cases will get you into a top performer.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Seeking comments on Bryn Mawr II by CertainTeed

#5 Post by masterext »

anything made by MI including certainteed bryn
mawr II is a below average window.
put that window next to a higher quality vinyl and you will see a big difference.