Neuma Doors

Share your experiences with others
Integra

Neuma Doors

#1 Post by Integra »

The rep just came to see me last week and did a presentation on a new door line (to this area) made in Houston called Neuma. They're all fiberglass. I have to say that the doors are REALLY impressive. Apparently they're sold via distributors. It's a really strong door with a lot of neat options. I'm wondering if anyone has seen it or used them yet?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Neuma Doors

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I saw them a couple years ago at the National Remodelers Show. I think they are a Chinese product if I remember correctly.

Integra

#3 Post by Integra »

Their parent company is NAN YA PLASTICS CORP. They are actually made in Houston. Apparently all of the profiles are pultruded fiberglass. The colors are limited to white, but there are some really cool features on these doors. I actually expected them to be more expensive than they were. If they can improve their distribution network, I may consider selling some to see how it goes. One of the cool things they offer are operating sidelights for patio doors.

TLHWINDOW

#4 Post by TLHWINDOW »

I sell Neuma Doors on occasion. The reason is that they warranty Commercial installs, and they don't have wood re-enforcement.

I put in a 6' French door in a Home/Business building. Really nice door, strong, but at $1600 cost, I wouldn't say its cheap.

Randy

#5 Post by Randy »

I've sold quite a few of their doors (between 50 - 75) and they make a good product. The swinging french doors are better than the sliding patio doors, IMO. Be forewarned however; their service is poor.

2JACKS

#6 Post by 2JACKS »

Remodeled my home in Clearwater Beach Fl which included Neuma doors. Did get some factory help not always timely but when they (factory) had techs in the vicinty. Most all problems addressed by local rep and tech, however I have called Houston several times regarding the deteriorating finish on the exterior handle hardware for all waterfront exposures. THEY DO NOT WARRANTY THE HARDWARE FOR THIS ENVIRONMENT. Just be aware before you purchase these doors for beach or intercoastal environments. Had I known before purchase I would have avoided these doors.

Skydawggy.

#7 Post by Skydawggy. »

Do they actually make the hardware for the door themselves? I know most door manufacturers use either Schlage as their basic hardware and Emtek for the higher quality. I ask because I'm wondering if warning people not to buy the doors in coastal areas is a fair assessment? Would it be more accurate to say don't buy the lower grade hardware?

OTOH why buy a Chinese made door when there are very good American made products like Provia?

Hitwithanattitude

#8 Post by Hitwithanattitude »

In 2007, we purchased nine (9) Neuma Fiberglass Hinged Patio Doors Units varying in sizes from standard (6’8” by 30”) door to 8 foot by 12 foot units and had them installed by a Neuma Authorized Dealer. During Tropic Storm Fay in August 2008, we had extreme interior water damages to our new home because water intrusion thru and around the Neuma Units. Mr. Blair Waller, Regional Sales Manager for Nan Ya Plastics Corp. USA (Neuma) arranged for Wet Corp. to test the Neuma Units using ASTME E1105 Test Standards Method "B". Wet Corp conducted the tests on December 8 & 9, 2008, ALL units tested failed. In January 2009 I received a letter from Mr. Paul Liu, General Manager and George Castro, Senior Sales Manager, NAN YA Plastics Corp. USA-Neuma Doors, HOUSTON, TX saying, "We are sadden to say that we do not believe that our doors are right for your application at your home.” “We would like to return the doors and refund the builder at such time that you replacement doors to put in.” “Please be advised that if you want to keep the Neuma doors for any reason on your home, we may not be able to warranty them."

On September 18, 2009, via Certified Mail we notified Mr. Paul Liu, Huston, TX and Mr. George Chang, Livingston, NJ that we will begin replacing The Neuma Doors on September 28, 2009 and asking them how to handle the disposition of the Neuma doors and more importantly how Nan Ya Plastics Corp. USA will reimbursed us for our cost. To this date we have not receive a reply or any compensation from Neuma.

spanky

#9 Post by spanky »

I bought 2 sets of replacement patio doors 10 months ago. They have been nothing but a problem. They have sent repair guys out twice to fix leaking panes. The doors poured water during rain storms. The guy claimed the doors weren't caulked correctly at the factory. He also said on both visits that I needed different gaskets at the top of the door and he ordered them. Twice. I have yet to get them. They also ordered self closing hinges for my doors. I have yet to get them. The door handles on these doors are terrible. I thought I would get used to them but I haven't. Now the lever handles slide loose from the door constantly. The set screws are stripped out and won't stay together.

These are the shoddiest built yet doors to be so expensive I've ever seen. Do not buy them.

Doorman

#10 Post by Doorman »

We sell PGT, Simonton, Neuma, Andersen, Thermatru, and Plastpro. Every one of the product reps we deal with for all of these manufacturers agrees Neuma is the best patio door for the money. None of the others even come close. Neuma has the only all composite door and frame system. Everyone else uses wood or aluminum. They are way ahead of the competition.

We've had excellent luck with the locks. You must buy the PVD finish. Some cheap people won't pay the extra $60 for PVD and they cry when the lock pits in a year or two. Try using a Kwikset or Schlage lock on the beach in Florida. You are lucky if you get one year without pitting.

As for customer service, the company has one person who covers the state of Florida and he can take a few weeks to get to you. However, we haven't had a problem that we couldn't resolve ourselves. He showed us how to replace the glass packs. It's a breeze.

This guy posting about the nine doors should be sued for slander. He goes all over posting negative reviews about Neuma after they did everything they could to help him. He has been trying to extort them for money like I'm sure he does with other companies. Don't believe him. He logs in with a bunch of different names all around the same time so you can see it's really the same person because he usually only has one post.

Door Man

Matt Skender

#11 Post by Matt Skender »

I also made the mistake of purchasing Neuma Doors.

Nothing but a problem. Yet to see a fix from the "Factory". It has been six months. Every rain storm more water leaks. I spent $20,000.00 on six sets of doubles and one 12' glider. The doors them selves are nice; if it never rained.

Would have rather delt with Home Depot. Thanks Neuma, see you in Federal Court next month.

HomeSealed

#12 Post by HomeSealed »

Doorman wrote:We sell PGT, Simonton, Neuma, Andersen, Thermatru, and Plastpro. Every one of the product reps we deal with for all of these manufacturers agrees Neuma is the best patio door for the money. None of the others even come close. Neuma has the only all composite door and frame system. Everyone else uses wood or aluminum. They are way ahead of the competition.
I've never used Neuma, but I find it hard to believe that the reps from other companies that sell patio doors would trash their own product and say that the Neuma is better. In addition, there are several manufacturers that offer composite frames as opposed to wood or aluminum.

Doorman

#13 Post by Doorman »

HomeSealed wrote:
Doorman wrote:We sell PGT, Simonton, Neuma, Andersen, Thermatru, and Plastpro. Every one of the product reps we deal with for all of these manufacturers agrees Neuma is the best patio door for the money. None of the others even come close. Neuma has the only all composite door and frame system. Everyone else uses wood or aluminum. They are way ahead of the competition.
I've never used Neuma, but I find it hard to believe that the reps from other companies that sell patio doors would trash their own product and say that the Neuma is better. In addition, there are several manufacturers that offer composite frames as opposed to wood or aluminum.
You don't have to trash your product to admit you've been beaten. I suggest you go see a Neuma door and get back to me when you've found a better door for the money. I'll be waiting with my spec sheet and price list.

Randy

#14 Post by Randy »

Since this thread has come up again, I'll update my previous post from two years ago by saying that Neuma's customer service has improved a great deal. Overall, they make a good door at a reasonable price point.

andreas

#15 Post by andreas »

I have bought 6 of the swing out Numa French Doors and would not recommend them. The lock mechanism is poorly designed and allows the doors to rock open even when locked. The service, even here in Houston, is less than poor. They would not stand behind their product and after spending over $10k i would yank them tomorrow.