Alside windows?

Share your experiences with others
c4Js7P

Re: Alside windows?

#16 Post by c4Js7P »

Any recommendations on an installer in Charlotte, NC?

RyanNH

#17 Post by RyanNH »

Has sheffield improved on there quality at all? i had some sales guru for them at my house last night. But then i saw alot of not so good reviews about them.

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

RyanNH wrote:Has sheffield improved on there quality at all? i had some sales guru for them at my house last night. But then i saw alot of not so good reviews about them.
Nothing new.

RyanNH

#19 Post by RyanNH »

So concensous is still to stay clear of them?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#20 Post by Window4U (IL) »

RyanNH wrote:So concensous is still to stay clear of them?
That is my opinion, unless you like looking through more vinyl instead of more glass.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#21 Post by masterext »

you just joined the board today in order to tell everyone about alside ? gimme a break.
alside needs to totally re design their window lines if they ever want to be taken seriously.
i love the contractors that install alside windows with the beat up white van with the ghetto graffiti. then about 10 guys come staggering out of the van with hangovers after a night of heavy drinking.

TLHWINDOW

#22 Post by TLHWINDOW »

masterext wrote: with the beat up white van with the ghetto graffiti. then about 10 guys come staggering out of the van with hangovers after a night of heavy drinking.

No, thats carpet installers your thinking of. :D

Windows on Washington

#23 Post by Windows on Washington »

I was going to go with the painters.

Randy

#24 Post by Randy »

Anyone still using Alside windows is probably a jack of all trades, master of none. Painting on Monday, laying carpet on Wednesday and replacing windows on Friday.

HomeSealed

#25 Post by HomeSealed »

Randy wrote:Anyone still using Alside windows is probably a jack of all trades, master of none. Painting on Monday, laying carpet on Wednesday and replacing windows on Friday.
+100. That is exactly what I see as well.

The$189.00Window

#26 Post by The$189.00Window »

w world sells Alside windows for $189.00 installed
I have a solution to the w world alside $189.00 non-insulated window! :D
They should pass a law you must install energy efficient windows in all occupied dwellings.
Argon gas and Low e should become the country wide standard in new homes and old homes alike!
That would send these marketeers back to the drawing board.
It would also keep home builders from putting junk window in new homes.
If these $189.00 companies & home builders really cared about this country they
would stop promoting and installing windows that waste so much energy year after year.
The cost for argon gas and low-e is about $25.00 to $35.00 per window.They would pay for themselves in about 1 or 2 years in most cases.
This is a huge loop hole that needs closed if this country is serious about going green and saving its energy.
Any opinions?

HomeSealed

#27 Post by HomeSealed »

The problem is that there are plenty of junk windows that come with Low-E and Argon. Those are important features, but ultimately have nothing to do with how well a window is designed, constructed, or how long it will last.
...and btw, regardless of whether or not you are referring to the glass or framing materials, WW does indeed offer "insulated windows", but again, that in itself has no bearing on quality or how it will actually perform.