Window World

Share your experiences with others

Window World

#1 Post by 040167 »

What type of window is the one they offer for 189.00 installed. Does it qualify for tax credit? I would think they will try an upsell you to a more expensive window. It takes over 2 weeks just to get a quote!

Skydawggy.

Re: Window World

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

WW sells Alside Windows. The $189.00 window is available so they can't be shut down for bait and switch tactics but, very few people actually buy that window. It's simply a way to get you in the door so they can up-sell you to a higher priced window. Used car dealers use these same type of tactics.
It takes 2 weeks to get a quote because they have lots of people who fall for this tactic.

screenpass

#3 Post by screenpass »

there is no way you will get anything near quality at that level. a quality window is as least in the 400's. unless you plan on flipping your home in a few months buying cheap windows because they seem to be a good deal will prove to be a costly mistake. unfortunately many home owners resort to cheap windows and then complain when they feel air coming through,among other things. be smart and invest your money wisely.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to both responses... do some more reading on this site and you'll see why you shouldnt waste your time

blueyamaha

#5 Post by blueyamaha »

window world hires subs that pay their guys $25 per window to install them. far far below industry standard. which is why you'll get sloppy/bad installs using them.
alside windows aren't all that bad but they aren't the best either. my company uses alside windows and never have complaints. but maybe that's because we install them correctly. and quite honestly they seem better than a lot of windows I've seen or installed from other companies.

SEKFish711

#6 Post by SEKFish711 »

I'm speaking from experience about Window World windows, I had 16 $189 windows installed in my home 1 1/2 yrs ago. I really didn't know anything about windows, didn't do any reseach at all at that time!! I just looked at the price because I knew I would sale this house in 1-2 years.

The WW windows, were much better then the old 1920's single pane and storm window that leaked air in and out. The WW, sweated/condensation builded up on the glass and frames, no foam in the frame of the windows, seals were thin and it is a basic install 4-6 screws with clauking.

I live in a new house now and wanting to put in windows in it but I'm doing research this time bacuse I want a good quaility window. My researching have proved/show that WW windows are very bottom line windows, they just don't have the guts, seals and quaility that other brands have. I would look at other brands!!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

i give you credit for admitting you made a mistake. most consumers go with the cheaper price and then when the windows leak air they want to blame everyone but themselves. window world is a lower quality window and with windows,when its cheap, its made cheap. no window company can have such an edge over competition that they could could quality materials cheaper than the rest. higher grade vinyl costs more money than a cheaper grade. a better designed window is going to cost more as well.

ncoffer

#8 Post by ncoffer »

There is nothing wrong with widow worlds windows, it is actually an above average window, quality wise. The problem is they dont sell the window for 189, depending on what state you live in, they ad a sales tax on top of the 189 that im pretty sure they are not supposed to do. The bigger problem is, they dont pay their installers very well at all, I know this from experience, they ask installers to do things that are not up to par, window installs are simple 90 percent of the time, but if you get one of their hack job installers, that is in a hurry to get out of there, because its beer thirty, or any other reason, your likely to get a bad install( like no insulation, or not properly sealed .

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#9 Post by masterext »

It's never 189 bucks because a 189 doesn't exist. Ater install, debris removal, removing old windows, Lowe/ argon, it's a lot more. Not to mention it's a garbage window. Even the window they try to sell you is below average. They use Alside ..we all know Alside make sub par windows.

jabraham

#10 Post by jabraham »

Dont go there! We had them come out and the $189 is simply to get them in the door. Everything is a la carte (ex. energy efficiency, screen, wrapping etc.) and by the time they are done you got a piece of junk for $350. We spent an extra $100 bucks per window and went with a high end product and love our windows. We've had them 4 years and they still work like the day we got them put in.

Windows on Washington

#11 Post by Windows on Washington »

This is some great information above.

For just a few bucks more, you can get a really good window.

HomeSealed

#12 Post by HomeSealed »

affordable-windows wrote:I agree, WW windows are junk, but it depends on which Alside window you choose.
So which alside line would that be?... WW sells most of Alsides line except their "dealer only" models like preservation and 6000(8000?) .... You can't slam WW for selling junk and then turn around and praise alside.