B. F. Rich

Share your experiences with others
Klofer

B. F. Rich

#1 Post by Klofer »

Can anyone provide any info on their experience with B. F. Rich casement windows? We are considering them, but don't know much about the product's reputation. Thank you.

Delaware Mike

Re: B. F. Rich

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Middle of the road. You could do better, or worse. I prefer Soft-Lite, OKNA, or Sunrise's casement any day of the week over BF Rich. All depends upon what is available in your area, the price that you're paying, and the quality of install.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

The performance of casements, as a function of their operation and closing mechanisms, should be close in theory.

That being said, they usually are not.

What does separate casement "X" from casement "Y" is the operation and durability of them.

+1 to Delaware Mike's commentary on the brand in question.

Pkb

#4 Post by Pkb »

Delaware Mike

I am looking for windows for a house in Delaware. How can I find you?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

Click on delaware mikes contact button. He is a great guy and an exceptional window contractor.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

Let me get my "get a quote" icon up and running. Since I perform all of my own installations myself, I didn't want to spread myself too thin regarding taking on too many projects. I'm pretty caught up to date as of right now. The former area rep for BF Rich is a friend of mine so any questions possibly regarding that line can be accurately addressed with just a simple phone call or email.

I will state the obvious, BF Rich is made locally in Newark, Delaware. That counts for something if one where to live in the area for any future warranty concerns. They glaze their IG's with Duralite which is pretty much the best performing spacer out there. I think that Sunrise and OKNA make a much more modern and attractive casement, however there is always the "best value" factor which takes in to consideration of price, installation, warranty, and comfort with the dealer/contractor.