Replacement windows in SE Indiana

Share your experiences with others
civiccrazy

Replacement windows in SE Indiana

#1 Post by civiccrazy »

I am putting an addition on my house that will have two 3'x4' windows. I want to pick windows that are good because I will be replace my other windows in my house within the next year or so. My first thought is just go to my local Lowes or Home Depot and get some windows. Well, after alot more research that is not going to happen. I was thinking about Anderson windows from Home depot. I was doing research on them, and seen alot of people talking about Marvin windows. I have a dealer right up the road from me, they sell alot of different windows. I was getting prices on Marvin windows and then he was saying he would rather have Weathershield windows. So I guess my question here is.....Which windows do I want?

I will be replacing 3 sets of double windows 66 3/4" wide and 63 3/4" tall. Two 32 3/4" x 63 3/4". And one 28 1/2" x 35 3/4"
Plus the two 3' x 4' for the addition.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement windows in SE Indiana

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

What look and/or materials do you want?

If you are talking wood, there is not one contractor that I know of that would choose a Weathershield over a Marvin.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Windows on Washington wrote:
If you are talking wood, there is not one contractor that I know of that would choose a Weathershield over a Marvin.
Big +1 on that.... Was this guy's last name Schield(sp?) , lol.
If you have decided on wood, Marvin is my top choice among mainstream products.

civiccrazy

#4 Post by civiccrazy »

I am wanting wood, and they will have grids. It will be painted white from the manufacturer to match our existing trim in the house. Which Marvin? I have been looking at the Marvin Integrity Ultrex.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

The ultimate is great and the wood ultrex integrity is a nice budget minded option. The all ultrex unit has no appeal to me.
If you are going white, have you looked at some of the better vinyl units?

civiccrazy

#6 Post by civiccrazy »

Yea the Wood Ultrex is what I was looking at. I am going with white. What are some other better Vinyl units? I don't really want to spend anymore money than the wood ultrex ones cost. Could you give me some options to consider? I was kind of wanting to have the wood on the inside and the fiberglass outside,

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

The commonly recommended vinyl windows that are discussed here and well liked by the pros are Okna, Sunrise Vanguard/Restorations, Kensington Quantum 2, HomeGuard Innovations, etc.

Being in Indiana, you should be able to locate all of those.