Comfort Line Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
stever

Comfort Line Windows

#1 Post by stever »

Good afternoon. I've search the forum, but can't find any info on Comfort Line Fiberglass windows and doors from Ohio. Does anyone here have any info or experience with them. They are featured at a local place that specializes in Green building products, and they seem to be be very well made (and heavy). Right now, I am most interested in their sliding patio doors. I need to replace two 8 foot long patio sliders.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

windowmann2000

#2 Post by windowmann2000 »

We've installed some of their six and eight foot doors. The product is very heavy a requires an extra hour or two over vinyl patio doors. The units operate very nicely and overall are a very good door. They are now using Cardinal 366 low-e so the door has a good u-value.
This time of the year production is no problem as our last order came in four weeks but during peak season expect delays up to ten weeks. The obvious advantage is the strength of fiberglass and multi color combinations. We also sell quite a few of their double hungs both the Next Generation and the Oak Originals. I like the NG because of the extra glass not afforded by most replacement windows and a u-value of .29. The windows run about double the price of medium quality vinyls.

stever

#3 Post by stever »

Thanks for the info; I really appreciate it.

groucho

comfort line windows

#4 Post by groucho »

I have 8 year old comfort line fiberglass windows in my house and have had problems. I have had some corner separation allowing glue to come thru the mechanical fastened corners. Mine have spiral balance lift system which makes the windows hard to lift and also have to be adjusted to keep them from sagging. i live in a cold climate and have had ice buiild up on the inside of the main frame. they have intercept spacer system which is cold. the screens are attached with a knife system which really sucks. Perhaps things have gotten better in the past few years at comfortline, but i sure wish i knew then what I know now. I bought the fiberglass story then, but i think it was more fiction than fact.

windowmann2000

#5 Post by windowmann2000 »

groucho, I can't argue with your points because we've had the same problems. The changes they have made are stronger corner gussets and a complete switch to the Cardinal IG system, a big improvement. They claim the spiral balance is improved..........I claim their full of ............but we'll see. In the last five years our problems have been with glass which I haven't had since they switched to Cardinal, but that balancer still gives me bad dreams.

groucho

#6 Post by groucho »

Is it true that many comfortline dealers are going elsewhere for their primary window? I spent more for fiberglass only to be disapointed with the performance of my windows compared to friends who paid less for premium vinyl windows. Their windows are warmer to the touch, operate smoother, and cost less. People talk - word gets around - How can dealers continue to get big bucks for a window that doesn't deliver?

windowmann2000

#7 Post by windowmann2000 »

We started with them in 1998 and at the time they were having troubles with various painted exteriors. We added the line for the exterior colors, so out of the gate we were skeptical. Some of our other early problems were how to properly install them. I think they have had hundreds of dealers on and off the bandwagon. I have many customers service free and love them. The install is very critical, but I'd have to agree a lot of dealers gave up on them. I'm not hawking for them, but they have made a lot of improvements in the last couple of years the most impressive being a switch to Cardinal for their IG's. Our mark up is smaller on these windows compared to vinyl so there affordable to our customers. Fiberglass windows from four different vendors represents about 20% of our business and will continue to grow. The biggest problem is the evolution of fiberglass, we've had trouble with every vendor we've used including Marvin, Accurate Dorwin and Milgard, but their all making headway and each have their place.

Chut1st

Re: Comfort Line Windows

#8 Post by Chut1st »

I have Comfort Line windows that were installed in 1999. Are they still in business? Need some hardware. The hinges, openers, etc are all breaking. Does anyone sell the replacement parts?

Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: Comfort Line Windows

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

If they aren't around, these guys are great for hardware supplies.

https://blainewindow.com/