Anyone heard of Solace Windows?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
windowgeek

Anyone heard of Solace Windows?

#1 Post by windowgeek »

Hello there. I was just doing some research on windows and came across Solace by Owens Corning. Evidently its a fiberglass/vinyl window. I think it just came out - so I don't know if anyone has had any experience with this product or knows of its quality or lack there of. I was interested in this window because there is supposed to be more glass/viewing area (and I have some very narrow windows which need replacing). Thanks for you input!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Anyone heard of Solace Windows?

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The Solace window is actually a Sunrise Window. They make it for Owens Corning. (but don't tell anyone ..shhh :wink: )

windowgeek

#3 Post by windowgeek »

I was just reading some reviews for Sunrise from this site and the concensus is mixed. Some people think Sunrise is ok - while others abhor this manufacturer. Note: I am looking at the double hungs. Is it the install or do these windows have poor quality control?

Also, if these windows are not all that great - what windows would someone suggest for the most glass area/view? Like I said, I've narrow windows and loss of glass area would be quite noticable.

Thanks!

Window4U (IL)

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I've never heard anyone say that Sunrise was horrible, except for people who sell against them and say they wouldn't sell them. Their quality is consistent and as a dealer you can pretty much forget about service calls. It's a good company and a good window. Their patio doors are also very good.
They are doing away with Intercept in a couple weeks and going all Xl-Edge. I would definitely prefer SuperSpacer, but the XL Edge is good.

Skydawggy.

#5 Post by Skydawggy. »

windowgeek

#6 Post by windowgeek »

Let me get this straight. Sunrise is a good and reliable company, which makes Solace for Owens Corning. Therefore Solace is a good window because Sunrise is a good company.

So...Is Solace the SAME window that Sunrise makes, or is it a different line just for Owens Corning?

I tried to find out about a fiberglass infastructure and more viewable glass area when I looked up Sunrise, but came up with nothing; Solace uses these as promotions for their window. This leads me to believe that Solace is a different window than the normal Sunrise windows - specifically targeted for Owens Corning. Right?

Window4U (IL)

#7 Post by Window4U (IL) »

It is not a different window. It's the same exact window except they inject pink foam instead of green foam into the extrusions. Other than that, same window. ...Oh, there is one other difference. Owens Corning usually charges more than many regular Sunrise dealers.

windowgeek

#8 Post by windowgeek »

Who'd know that this was the same window except for the fiberglass ... thank goodness for these boards! :D
Thanks for all the info window4u - I really appreciate it!