Marvin vs Eagle replacement windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
tsa3

Marvin vs Eagle replacement windows

#1 Post by tsa3 »

I have been looking at Marvin aluminum-clad-wood double-hung replacement windows. I was all set to order them when our supplier switched to Eagle windows. The nice thing about the Eagle windows is that they can be ordered with perstained wood interiors for the same price that I can get Marvin windows elsewhere (without the prestaining - which doesn't even appear to be an option with Marvin windows). My concern is that I don't know much of anything about Eagle windows. Are Marvin windows better windows than Eagle windows? If so, are they that much better to out weigh the time and effort it will take me to stain them prior to installation?

Greg

Prestain

#2 Post by Greg »

Marvin is a better window than Eagle but if you are happy with the color of the stain provided by Eagle, go for it! Years ago, Marvin did provide prefinished interiors but it became problematic so now it is either bare (stain grade) or primed. Hope this helps.

mnlaker

Eagle

#3 Post by mnlaker »

Go with the Eagle. You will be very happy. They only make one grade of window GREAT. also less exclusions on warantee

Guy

#4 Post by Guy »

No disrespect to my fellow MN boy. I myself prefer the Marvin over Eagle. I know the Marvin warranty is much more detailed. It's only that way because so many consumers and builders have installed the product so poorly. They put the blame on Marvin. Since their big lawsuit on wood preservation they have probably put out one of the best products in the industry. Marvin has also lead the way in changing installation procedures around the US. Over 90% of any manufacturers problems are installation related. Marvin is just tired of being pushed by those who have no clue. Eagle does have a nice product but I still feel Marvin stands above. In either case I would choose either one. So whatever you can get cheaper would be my suggestion!! Good Luck!