NEAT Glass Treatment

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
rmy

NEAT Glass Treatment

#1 Post by rmy »

Has anyone used the Neat Glass Treatment (Cardinal Glass) and, if so, does it work? I don't know how much extra this option cost? It's been suggested to me that this is a gimmick. Does anyone know if it works and is it worth the extra cost? Thank You.

Oberon

Re: NEAT Glass Treatment

#2 Post by Oberon »

Neat is Cardinal's version of titanium dioxide coating (the original "self cleaning" glass was Activ by Pilkington).

While Activ is advertised as "self cleaning", some manufacturers prefer "easy cleaning" to self cleaning. Neat is advertised as an easy cleaning product.

Does it work? - it does, quite well

Is it worth the cost? - depends on whether or not the convenience is worth it to you.

Some window companies include it as a standard and some as an add-on and some companies don't offer it at all.

rmy

#3 Post by rmy »

Thank you for your reply. We are purchasing Simonton windows. I will check with them regarding availability. Thanks again.

Skydawggy.

#4 Post by Skydawggy. »

Simonton no longer offers the option.

magnumforc

#5 Post by magnumforc »

skydawgyy:

I realize this is pretty late, but where did your information come from? I was advised by Simonton that they do not offer the NEAT coating on the Cardinal Glass for THD Replacement Windows for Home Depot, (6200 or 6500 Series). However, I just received custom windows from Simonton, through THD that has the NEAT coating per a certification letter included with the windows.

Problem is that THD has been touting the NEAT glass in their sales pitches and it has not been coming on the windows from what I understand.

Skydawggy.

#6 Post by Skydawggy. »

They dropped it several years ago and it isn't in my dealer price book.

magnumforc

#7 Post by magnumforc »

Absolutely correct. It has to be a special order and not one that they obviously like to do. Not generally available. From what I have read and heard, it wasn't that cost-effective and people didn't want to pay for it when it wasn't offered gratis as part of a package. So it was dropped from the lines. Great idea before its time maybe.

Skydawggy.

#8 Post by Skydawggy. »

I think the marketing of "self cleaning glass" was a bad idea. It gave the consumer the impression that they would never have to clean the glass. We actually had someone call and express their dis-satisfaction because the glass didn't clean off dog saliva and muddy paw prints. Go figure. :cry:

Randy

#9 Post by Randy »

I had similar problems with it. Sold it twice, and would never do it again.