Sunrise white replacement windows (restoration)

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Keith

Sunrise white replacement windows (restoration)

#1 Post by Keith »

Does anyone have information on Sunrise white restoration vinyl replacement windows with Argon gas, Omega 12 glass? I understand Sunrise windows are made in Michigan.
Last edited by Keith on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Delaware Mike

Re: Sunrise white replacement windows (restoration)

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

What exactly would you like to know? In a double glazed configuration the overall U-factor should be a .27 or .28. The SHGC will be around a .22 with Omega-12. With Ultra U-Plus the SHGC will be around a .27-.28. The Restoration series from Sunrise is their flagship/top of the line window. Very nice product!

Keith

#3 Post by Keith »

Thanks Delaware Mike. Do you have these windows installed in your home? We live in Texas and have had a quote on these windows (Omega) - very expensive. Just wanted to know what others think of this product. If someone in Texas has had Sunrise windows installed, would appreciate hearing how you like them and are they as great as advertised to be? Thanks

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

What part of TX?

Keith

#5 Post by Keith »

We live in Dallas area

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

Keith, I had a new construction home that we sold recently as my girlfriend at the time worked for the builder. It had the cheapest windows on the planet, Patriot. Horrible!!!!

I'm in the process of putting Sunrise Vanguards in one of my Grandmother's homes right now. I'm changing out all of the 10-year old low-grade vinyl that she has with Sunrise's double-hungs with a woodgrain laminate interior with the gold horizontal blinds between the glass. Her cat destroys any type of blinds that we have every put up. She also has a Schuco triple-glazed double-hung that I had extra from a display. My other Grandmother has a bunch of Sunrise casements that we installed several years ago when we closed in a side porch. Since it doesn't get all that hot over here compared to Texas, I don't think that I have the correct environment to give you a educated answer.

Of the brands that I carry and have installed I would feel pretty good about having any of them in my own house. My Brother moved about an hour outside of Texas 5-years ago. He currently has terrible builder's grade aluminum windows and wants me to come out and change them out when I have the time. My first choice of the brands that I carry or have access to would be the Imperial LS or Elements from Soft-Lite. I think that with all of the engineering in those series that it would be the best bet. However, I don't have a problem with the Vanguard or Restorations if I was installing them.

Keith

#7 Post by Keith »

Thanks for your input. We have decided to go with the Sunrise Restorations (Omega). Will let you know how they look and if we like them when we have them installed in about a month.