Encompass by Pella

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mikelets456

Encompass by Pella

#1 Post by mikelets456 »

I have 6-windows upstairs that need replacing. 5-are 36"X36" and one is 24"x36". We had a Pella rep come and they seemed very expensive. $5800 for all 6 installed, capped, trimmed. He quickly lowered his price to $3800... still seems expensive. The windows are "Encompass by Pella" and I can get the $1500 tax credit.

Other than that, I have been reading nightmarish stories about their installation and the window quality. Is this true? I have installed a bunch of Anderson and a Pella slider (new construction...wood/clad) and nothing but great things to say about those. Are the Encompass windows really that bad?

I am in Southern NJ and these windows are in our kids rooms upstairs... all I care about is they don't leak and open/close properly. Any suggestions?

JScott

Re: Encompass by Pella

#2 Post by JScott »

The Pella name for quality has long been gone in the industry and the class action lawsuits attest to this fact. On these sizes you should be able to obtain a premium quality product installed and capped for @ 500 per unit even in Jersey.

:mrgreen:

mikelets456

#3 Post by mikelets456 »

Thanks. I have since considered "OKNA". $2500 for 7 windows (1 more) and he will cap the front windows of my house because I did prior business and referrals with him.

Just to double check.... OKNA is good, right?

JScott

#4 Post by JScott »

Okna is not yet in my area but the pros on this board that use them rate them as in the top 5 vinyl windows. A gentleman on this board, WOW, would be the source to tap. I do understand that you may not want to purchase these from windowwizards.

mikelets456

#5 Post by mikelets456 »

JScott wrote:Okna is not yet in my area but the pros on this board that use them rate them as in the top 5 vinyl windows. A gentleman on this board, WOW, would be the source to tap. I do understand that you may not want to purchase these from windowwizards.
No... It would be MAK Construction.

Skydawggy.

#6 Post by Skydawggy. »

First you were a Power salesman, now you are just a customer. Please take your spam elsewhere. It's not appreciated here.