Windcore windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
brodowb

Windcore windows

#1 Post by brodowb »

Has anyone heard of Windcore 7700 windows? What are the pro's and cons? This company was supposedly started by former Simonton employees?

Skydawggy.

Re: Windcore windows

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

It's a decent window. Similar to the Simonton line. However, with Simonton you are getting a well established manufacturer with a long history of quality products and great customer service. Those of us who have been around have witness too many "started by former employees" companies fail such as ForceV (Schuco) and Echo Windows (Kensington).

Wincore's sales pitch seems to be that it's just as good as a Simonton because it's former Simonton employees and then they lie about problems with Simonton's quality since they were purchased by Fortune Brands, which of course is ridiculous. I doubt anyone could point to any Fotune Brands products like Master Locks, Moen, Canadian Club etc. that have gone downhill since being aquired.

brodowb

Re: Windcore windows

#3 Post by brodowb »

Thanks skydawggy. The company in Charlotte is One Cho1ce windows and siding. They are an installer of Simonton 9800 BUt also install the Windcore 7700. I told him that I would consider looking at the Windcore 7700 but I have pretty much decided on the Simonton 9800. He is not trying to talk me out of Simonton since he installs both. I already have a quote for 15 double hung Simonton 9800 windows for appx $7200 and Soft lite for $8600. Thermal Ind. Euroweld 530 was $5550. I wanted to make sure Windcore was also a good window as an option.