Owens corning vinyl

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
tsduke

Owens corning vinyl

#1 Post by tsduke »

Are the Owens Corning vinyl windows good windows?

Compared to Simonton Prism Platinum?

HomeSealed

Re: Owens corning vinyl

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The Solace offered by OC is a great window. It is actually made by Sunrise.... The only thing that I would say is that in my experience the OC dealers really try to get a premium price for the product because of the name. Personally I'd say that window is slightly better than the Simonton, although the Simonton is very good as well and would also be a good choice.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Looks like I am following up HomeSealed twice today.

If you like the OC window, call a Sunrise dealer.

tsduke

#4 Post by tsduke »

I don't believe we have a Sunrise dealer. I have not heard back from them. A dealer that quoted me THV isn't wanting to lose my business to the Simonton dealer so he's trying to push me to Owens Corning. I think he called it v series for OC, or something like that.

I don't know. The guy is starting to annoy the crap out of me with his talk about no vinyl will stand up in strength to the THV Compozit. Seems like he called it OC v series or something.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

The difference between that window and the THV is far less impactful as compared to properly insulating those walls.

tsduke

#6 Post by tsduke »

Windows on Washington wrote:The difference between that window and the THV is far less impactful as compared to properly insulating those walls.

Difference between which window and THV? The OC whatever it is?

tsduke

#7 Post by tsduke »

It's OC V Class Series II.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

the owens corning solace or solstice(whatever its called) is actually a sunrise restoration window; that is sunrise's premium window and a darn good one. i think its definitely a better all around window than simonton. no doubt about it in my book. i would be more concerned about the install the company will perform. if they have good reviews,its should be a serious consideration.

tsduke

#9 Post by tsduke »

I think they are known to do good work. I certainly wouldn't rate the sales guy very high.

What's the difference between OC Solace and OC V Class? There are no Solace dealers here. Just the V Class. I'm wondering if it's a regional thing and maybe they are the same.

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

Based on the website, the V-class appears to be the Sunrise product as well.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#11 Post by masterext »

sunrise also has a window line called "vanguard"(very good window). go to vanguard windows and doors and you will see the glass you are asking about.