american exteriors

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
thechattycathy

american exteriors

#1 Post by thechattycathy »

We got a bid from american exteriors for 10 windows. Vinyl windows, mostly single hung, 3 large double hung. They quoted us about 9,000 for these windows.

Is this a good company? Do they have good quality windows? The BBB for the Omaha company has a B+ rating, however, I don't find a LOT of reviews/information on them.

Thanks in advance!

Catherine

HomeSealed

Re: american exteriors

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I don't believe there are any "board pros" from your area, so we realy can't comment on that specific installation company. Do you know what brand/line of windows they quoted you on? This would go a long way toward making a recommendation... The pricing seems high regardless, but again, the type of window/installation etc changes what is or is not a fair price.

buddy11

#3 Post by buddy11 »

I know the company. They're hard canvassers and hard closers. I talk to one of there salesmen in Utah on another board. HomeSealed you know who I'm talking about. His name has to do with a particular piece of jewelry. Outside of that I know little about them

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

To be candid, keep shopping , you are being swindled, IMO
NO BULL

kemart

#5 Post by kemart »

I also received an estimate from this company and was wondering if they are overcharging us. We have 11 windows coming out and 8 going in. One is a picture window with sliders on either side, 2 are sliders, and 5 are single hung. They are charging us $7,500. They seem like great windows. I know it is more expensive them having the lower quality windows in, but it seems like a good deal. Am I being totally ripped off?

buddy11

#6 Post by buddy11 »

kemart wrote:I also received an estimate from this company and was wondering if they are overcharging us. We have 11 windows coming out and 8 going in. One is a picture window with sliders on either side, 2 are sliders, and 5 are single hung. They are charging us $7,500. They seem like great windows. I know it is more expensive them having the lower quality windows in, but it seems like a good deal. Am I being totally ripped off?
Need some more info. Are they double pane, triple pane? Do they have grids? What is their U and SHGC rating? Do you have a CPD# from the NFRC?

kemart

#7 Post by kemart »

Double pane, no grids, I believe the U factor is 0.29, the SHGC is 0.26

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Over paying for mediocre product.

wetchman

#9 Post by wetchman »

American Exteriors seems to be more of a professional sales organization than a home improvement company. I'd wholly recommend you stay away from them or do a lot of other research first and compare them against anyone else.

I wrote up an in-depth review of my experience with their street team and "Marketing Director" along with their sales tactics.

My American Exteriors Replacement Window Review

Skydawggy.

#10 Post by Skydawggy. »

wetchman wrote:American Exteriors seems to be more of a professional sales organization than a home improvement company. I'd wholly recommend you stay away from them or do a lot of other research first and compare them against anyone else.

I wrote up an in-depth review of my experience with their street team and "Marketing Director" along with their sales tactics.

My American Exteriors Replacement Window Review
Why don't you give us your evaluation of their window? Have you looked at other windows? Have you purchased windows yet? If so, who did you go with?

canuck

#11 Post by canuck »

they may very well be a good company who do good installs;i will not pass judgement on them. i have no idea what their overhead is so i will not comment on the price. what brand of window do they offer?

whitecliff33

#12 Post by whitecliff33 »

American Exteriors is a dishonest, shameless company. Somehow they managed to have a good rating with the BBB, but they have multiple listings as well, with multiple complaints all going to the "company out of Denver" address. I cannot comment on their actual work, only on their unethical sales tactics. We had one of their representatives come to our home to take measurements. He actually took measurements of some of the windows, and stated that yet another representative would come back to take the rest. He then asked us to sign a form so he could do a credit check. We were then notified by a credit lendor that we had opened a very expensive account. We notified them immediately that nobody had our consent or permission to do this on our behalf. We then began receiving threatening voice-mails, stating that we were going to have "serious legal problems" if we did not do business with them. Now, we have received a very rude letter from a law firm, stating that they are going to file a lawsuit. Imagine: we never selected a product, never received an estimate, never had measurements completed, and never received copies of any paperwork...yet we are receiving these threats. This company is an absolute disgrace. I have never experienced anything like this.

Windows on Washington

#13 Post by Windows on Washington »

whitecliff33 wrote:American Exteriors is a dishonest, shameless company. Somehow they managed to have a good rating with the BBB...

Nothing about a good BBB rating is hard to achieve.

http://www.bbbroundup.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8kfV9kONw